Friday, December 28, 2007

A Sweet Scotty Christmas

On Christmas we spent the day with our sweet friends, Stan and Dodie. They are also the Scotty breeders that we bought Duhgall from. So, needless to say, Duhgall got to spend his Christmas with his parents, Mr. Cole and Pearl. Now, Stan and Dodie's home is no stranger to having lots of furry little faces. Having three female Scotty Dogs and one male, they are a very busy family. There is Hazel, Pearl, Truely Scrumptious (named after Chitty-Chitty Bang-Bang) and then Mr. Cole. Truely had her first littler of puppies in November and a few days later, Pearl had puppies. So the puppies above are a combination of both litters.
We had fun playing with the puppies and I just had to get out the camera to share them with you. This little guy is a "Wheaten" Scotty. There are actually three types of Scotties: Wheatens, Brindled and the traditional Black. The original Scotty was brindled. I bit of Scotty trivia...
This little black Scotty woke up for the picture. See the top left Wheaten Scotty? You cannot miss him as he is the largest of them all. His aka is "Bubba." Bubba's mom, Truely, is a petite little wee one and we cannot believe that she had such a large son. I am really wrenching my hubby's arm on taking Bubba home. Dodie has one arm and I have the other! Of course, Bubba would be renamed with a Scottish name. I have always love the names Finnegan or Finnean (Finn Unn). Finnean translates to white haired, so that would be perfect for "Bubba."
Aren't they so cute?
Here is "Bubba." He woke up and wanted me to hold him. Duhgall didn't seem too impressed by him, but Bubba sure liked curling up in my arms and fell asleep. Later he woke up and "talked" to me and then started licking and kissing my chin. He was really stealing my heart big time!

Dodie and Stan have an awesome collection of antique Scotty things all through their house. This is a feather tree has the sweetest clip-on birds and then around the base are some antique seltzer stuffed Scotty Dogs. Dodie believes they are from Germany. These stuffed toys are almost as cute as the real deal.
Remember my Garden Club post? Yes, these are the dishes and some of the Scotty adornments from the table that Dodie and Waive decorated. Dodie bought all of the dishes for that day and then set a lovely Christmas dinner table for us by using tartan linens and the most adorable center piece with Mica, greenery, ribbons and old Scotty pieces. See the felt ribbon? That is from Hallmark and even has buttons that are hand sewn on it.
Besides collecting Scotty things, Stan and Dodie have a huge collection of antique Britains. Britains are small metal toys that are made in England. There are all kinds of figures that you can buy. In this case they have farm animals, wild animals, trees and fences. You can click on the picture to enlarge it. This case is just one of several that holds their Britains. The little furry face peeking around the corner is Hazel. She believes she is the Alpha Scotty in their household and is spot-on to whatever is going on at the moment. She followed me around whilst I snapped pics! She is just a sweetheart and is pregnant!!

This little guy is the newest Scotty member. Dodie gave him to me for Christmas. Like Kath's Trudie, he doesn't pee or poop and just is as quiet as a church mouse. Now, if this isn't just the biggest coincidence......check out his name! Dougal! Spelled differently than our guy, but can you believe that?! Kath, he looks like a relative of Trudie's...eh?
Have a lovely weekend everyone!!!!

47 comments:

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Can you say precious??? I don't know how you left without three of those adorable puppies. I would have them stashed in my pockets, or at least under my coat! Those pictures are wonderful. All I can say is sweet, sweet, sweet. Susan

Anonymous said...

Cute, Cute, Cute! How can anyone resist a puppy?!

~elaine~

Alison Gibbs said...

What sweet little puppies.
Alison

Simply Shelley said...

Hi Becky, what a fun way to spend Christmas Day. The puppies are so sweet. My daughter Regina(SIMPLE IS SIMPLE DOES)will just have a fit over them when she comes to your blog for a visit.If you like, Go over to her blog and see her cute little baby bunnies. She is a huge animal lover. The bunnies are adorable !
Have a blessed New Year.

Blessings,Shelley

Jessi Nagy said...

oohh so cute! im smiling. those puppies are adorable!!!
to cute. sounds like you hada great holiday, and so did your doggie!
have a great new years!
jessi

Anonymous said...

Good morning Becky! Oh my gosh how absolutely adorable are these precious puppies!!!!!What a lovely Christmas day you had. We love visiting our Breeders house too, their home is full of all generations of these darlings!! How hard was it to to resist one?? You have bought s huge smile to our faces this morning :) Stan and Dodie sound like the lovliest people, they have an amazing collection of scottie stuff and the most gorgeous names for their precious ones!! Happy New Year to you Becky and of course Doogs :) Jenn and Jacqui xo

Flea Market Queen said...

Becky...I love all the puppies!
I am so in love with Scottie's and I can always get my fix at your blog...thanks!
Happy New Year...
Priscilla

regina barnett said...

The puppy's are so cute and adorable. I didn't know scotty's were red too. Thanks for sharing.

Mary said...

Well, they are just the cutest things I've ever seen!
xoxo,
Mary

closed account said...

hi Becky, well what cam I say but WOOOwwww!!, all those little puppins(as I call them) they are so so sweet, want one want two, och want them all!!!
But most of all I am so happy that trudie has found herself a new admirer, "weelll!!HEELLLLLo Dougal, och aye the noo, howz u doin, an a that!!just lurv that coat , it's craking"!!!says Trudie..
All just so sweet , glad you had a lovely day Becky, with your canine family and friends, thanks for popping over to my pad to leave me the message, cheers, Kath
P.S. all the names are adorable , especially bubba...xxx

Betty said...

Ohhhh! Can you hear me shrieking up there? Those puppies are so precious. I like the little Wheaten at the top. I would have had to take him home. Thanks for sharing the fun pictures!

Feenwerkstatt said...

These puppies are SO CUTE!!! I think it's hard, not to take all of them home...;0)
Love, Anja

Feenwerkstatt said...

I forgot to say, I love your playlist!!! "Scotland the brave" is one of my favourite songs...

closed account said...

Oh I forgot to say, my mother in law bought me a nightdress for my Christmas, I had to laugh and couldn't believe it , showed Hubby and he said it was just made for you...it was red with little scottie dogs all over it, so so sweet, what a coincidence!!lol, oh and the other thing I have had Miss Potter on nearly every night this week, my daughter bought it for me last May, I love it so much,shall need to paint some more of the animals in her book, it's the copyrights that stop me from selling them on my furniture and murals, so have painted lots for my family especially my niece, I even thought of making my dresser into a Beatrix Potter cupboard , with all her books and other toys for a childs room , but would have to adapt it to be able to sell in the shop...
A question Becky!..is your husband in the forces at all?, my hubby is a police officer here in Scotland , just wondered as we seem toshare so much in common, love and hugs Kath x

closed account said...

OOOpps me again !!!
thought you might like this link..it has some bagpip downloads and lots more...love Kath,sorry for taking up 3 messages, hugs Kath x

closed account said...

http://tour-scotland.blogspot.com/

Oh Oh done it again, my wee brain is on overload tonight, sorry . here is the link! hhmmmn an embaressed Kath x

Anonymous said...

My..I was swooning over all those puppies and honestly it was hard to figure how who was whom..but if I have it right, it seems 'Mr. Cole' has it pretty good? Thanks for sharing..so are you going to take one home when they get bigger?

Rebecca said...

OMGosh! How cute are they!! What a great way to spend Christmas, and for Doogs to get to be with his parents. Wow! How sweet. Thanks for sharing!

Happy New Year!
Hugs and Blessings,
Rebecca

Brenda said...

Hi Becky;The Pictures of the Scotties make me sad and happy all at the same time.The wheaten pup is very handsom and the name Finnean fits him to the tee.One day I plan on having another Scottie .I already have their name picked out if I get a boy his name will be Elliot and a girl will be called Ellie.Just keep twisting hubby's arm and don't give up and keep us posted.

Best Wishes and a safe and Happy New Year Brenda:)

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

OH how CUTE!!!! I want a pubby so MUCH!! Thank-you for sharing.
Ginger

Meggie said...

I don't know how you could possibly resist those puppies. And the TY scotty named Dougal...how perfect...even if it isn't spelled the same.

Heidi said...

How fun to spend Christmas there! Can you put one of those puppies on a plane for me????? I am giving up on getting our puppy. :( I love the name Finnegan. It would be perfect! I don't think I could resist these little guys at all.

By the way, now that I read this post I have the Truely Scrumptious song running over and over in my mind. I will probably be singing it now all day. :)

Hugs ~
Heidi

BugnLVoe said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh I want one. Too cute! :-)

The Nostalgia Fairy said...

Hi Becky,
All those puppies are just adorable, I'm not surprised you want one....or six!!!!
Lovely post. Hope you had a great Christmas.
I wish you and your family a very happy new year.
Hugs,
Sandi x

Nancy said...

The puppies are absolutely ADORABLE!! I love the collection of Britains too.

SweetAnnee said...

OH MY GOSH
I want them
to come play with
me..they are SOOOOOOOOO
I had to show hubby too!
sweeeetttt
deena

Shelby said...

They are precious!!!

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

I can't believe that Scotty Dog's name is Dougal. Amazing! And those puppies are the absolute cutest. I'd have taken them all home.

Happy New Year Becky! I am finally coming out of my blogging slumber! Slowly.

Melissa

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Oh so very cute. Wishing you a very Happy New Year!!

BittersweetPunkin said...

I love the pups!! How cute!!!!Oh..I think Bubba picked YOU out....hmmm

Our neighbor has a CAT named Finnean..but he's not Scottish! LOL

Love,
Robin

Back Through Time said...

Oh my those puppies are the cutest! they look so darn cuddle and sweet. You did a wonderful job with the pics.
Have a Happy New Year!!
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, I want one in each color!! Ore neighbors have 2 black scotties, and they are so beautiful!!!! BTW.... Where is the image on you're header from? It is simply adorable! It looks like a vintage Valentine!! *HUGS*

Sandra Evertson said...

Nothing better than a whole bunch of puppies!
Happy New Year!
Sandra Evertson

Sam I Am said...

oh my goshhhhh...they are adorable..and they make me wanna go play with them!!!! i LOVE puppy BREATH!!hehehehehe

Anonymous said...

Please go to Google and type in Scottish Terrier Rescue.

Cowboys and Custard Mercantile said...

Oh what gorgeous little bundles of fun! I have never seen a tan scottie.. just like a living teddy bear!
Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your four legged and two legged friends..
Much love for a Happy New Year XX

Anonymous said...

I am not a "huge" dog lover, but those puppies are the cutest thing ever!
Love your blog, I'll be back often. Happy New Year.
Teresa

Cheryl said...

Thanks for sharing those sweet pictures of all those puppies. They would definitely be hard to resist! Happy New Year to you.

Deb said...

What precious little puppies! Sounds as though you had a wonderful Christmas day with your friends. I love the name Finnegan too :-} are you any closer to bringing him home :-}
Wishing you a Very Happy New Year!

Lisa said...

Oh, I do love puppies. Thanks for sharing these photos.

Sentimentally Me said...

Oh My Gosh, Becky! THose little guys are the cutest things I've ever seen. . . . . . . lucky you!!!! Don'tcha just love the new puppy smell??? I want one NOW :)
Happy New Year to you & yours, Becky!! Patrice

Rosemary said...

OMG they are cute!! Love those pictures.
Happy New Year!
Rosemary

Jane said...

How cute are those puppies! I am in love!

Lallee said...

My heart has just turned to mush looking at all those little Scotties. It's a good thing I live way over here--far, far away! Does hubby have a third arm I can twist?

Hugs,
Lallee

Kristen said...

OMG!!!!! They are tooo cute for words! Ohhhh my if I ever go for another puppy, these will be at the top of my list! Happy New Year!!!! HUGS!!!

Vintage to Victorian said...

Aren't they absolutely gorgeous? Did you really go home without one? Happy New Year!

Sue x

Anonymous said...

Oh the scottys are adorable! What is the breeders name or website if I may ask?