Friday, December 7, 2007

Scotty Dogs, Cowgirls and Cowboys and Vintage Christmas

Item #6 - Scotty Dog Pillow
A vintage embroidered towel used for the center. Pink and white polka dots frame the center and next to that I used two coordinating vintage inspired floral fabrics on the front and in the framing of the center.
Close up of top stitching and sweet little pom pom fringed edge..
The back side with slip covered opening. Custom made polyfill pillow form that is made with a charming blue ticking. The pillow cover is fully lined with cotton muslin for durability. 14 1/2" x 16".

$32.00 plus shipping

More of my tiny Scotty pillows for sale.
Item #7 - Red gingham Scotty
Vintage toweling fabric with the sweetest red and gray stripes is used for the front and back sides...a vintage red plaid used for the scotty applique, tiny old white buttons for the collar, red buttons along the top and finished off with a sweet 1 inch red gingham ruffled edge. Stuffed with polyfill (no lavender this time) Size: 7 x 7 1/2"


$16. plus shipping

Item #8 - Sold! thank you, Chris!!

More vintage red plaid fabric over old oatmeal toweling fabric. More vintage buttons for the collar and a matching plaid scotty button and a red star added for more charming details. A tiny 1" ruffled linen edge looks so sweet with the oatmeal fabric. Red ticking stripes used on the back. Filled with polyfill and handstitched closed. Size: 7" x 7"

$16. plus shipping.

A fun bucket style tote bag - Item #9

Made with a delightfully sweet Michael Miller cowboy and cowgirl fabric. Whimsical red and white stars, vintage red rick rack and denim from a favorite pair of jeans...

Stacked star buttons to match...
Vintage blue ticking handles, colorful stacked button with green and white polka dot closure..more red rick rack..
The back has more denim, a denim pocket with rick rack and hearts, blue ticking, detailed red embroidered stitching..
and the inside is lined with red gingham fabric that has been free-formed quilted for durability. A sweet divided pocket to hold the small purse things..check out the fun embroidered stitch! This tote is fully lined with quilting polyfill batting, double stitched seams for strength. The straps also are nice and soft with batting inside. Size: Straps have a 16" drop from your shoulder, tote is 13" deep, 11 1/2" wide with a 4" gusset.

A fun shelf that has a great black forest look to it, with plaid backing, holds my vintage pinecone elves, gnomes and Santas.

Doogs is all tired with helping me decorate! This is his little spot on the back of the love seat...Notice that his little blankie matches his collar?





These have to be my favorite vintage pieces of all time. As a child, my mom would set three of hers out each year. I use to hold them and study them as they were just so little and sweet. When mom moved, she gave away a bunch of her things. Come to find out, she gave these gnomes to my little brother. I saw them one year at Christmas. In time, I found three exact ones (the three at the very top). Just happy little memories!



+++++++++++++++++

Because the Christmas Open House (Nov. 23rd) was so much fun, I decided to list more goodies on here. My last post has some totes as does this post. For anyone interested, here is a deal for my blogging friends:

If you....

purchase two items = 15% off total price

purchase three = 20% off total price

purchase four items = 25% off total price

Just let me know which item(s) you are interested in by leaving a comment or email me at sweetcottagedreams1@comcast.net

This sale offer is for this post and the last one. I will advise how much shipping will be. The rates depend on your location.

I will mail out the next day, too, provided you pay via Pay Pal.

18 comments:

Betty said...

Becky, You are just so talented! I would buy everything if I could. I have some of those pine cone elves too. I'll have to look for them when we decorate our tree on Sunday.

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky. Please save that little Scotty oatmeal pillow for me. Your shelf and vintage ornaments are so cute. Email the cost when you have a chance. Hugs to you and Doogs too. Chris

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I am with shesewpretty I would buy it all if I could!! It is beautiful Mary

Anonymous said...

Ooh, your bags and cushions are gorgeous. I think you are incredibly clever and creative.

I loved little Doogs matching collar and blankie; what a lucky fella he is!

Those little shelves are lovely too.

Alison Gibbs said...

I love your little shelf with all of your sweet vintage ornaments.
Doogs looks soo.. cute.
You have been creating some gorgeous cushions and bags too.
Alison

Nan said...

Those Scotty dog pillows are the greatest. My friend has one named Laddie. He's so funny.
Nan

hogan said...

OMGosh I love your scotties - too cute! We have a black Scottie called Blackie of course & she is the sweetest dog ever.
Mary

Jennifer said...

My mother had those exact same ornaments and I remember feeling the exact same way when she would take them out for Christmas!!! I don't know what ever happened to hers but I have bought some repos over the years! Thanks for the flashback!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky, oh Doogs, in that gorgeous tartan blanket and matching collar, adorable! He looks flat out from decorating!! lol Love your vintage ornaments and your pillows are adorable! The scottie button how cute is that!! Have a lovely weekend :) Jenn and Jacqui

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Hi Becky!
All of your pillows are adorable! And Doogs looks so sweet under his blankie!

Love your decorating!
Penny
p.s. I would be honored to make you a mosaic piece! Just let me know when :-)

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Love that "Monday" pillow. That is just adorable!!!! Very cute!!

Amy said...

HI Becky - your work is lovely - especially those darling Scottie pillows! Hello Mr D! -amy

Kristen said...

How precious all of it is! Ohhhh and Doogs is just tooo cute for words! You are so talented. All beautiful!!

Jen said...

Becky,
You have created some beautiful work! I have missed being in the blogging world lately. I have enjoyed catching up a little this morning. I gotta get out and get that Christmas shopping done now! Have a wondeful, blessed weekend!

http://jenscountryhome.blogspot.com

Feenwerkstatt said...

Great pictures, you are so motivated and creative!!!
And Doogs is SO cute...please cuddle him from me :0) ( hope, these is the right translation!)

Love, Anja

Nunnie's Attic said...

Those are beautiful Becky! You should be so proud.

I think that picture of Doogs is about the cutest one I have ever seen. I love how he's all bundled up. Too flippin' cute!

Love,
Julie

farmerjulie said...

hi Becky!
where do you sell your cute work?? i love it!! very nice!!
julie

Lallee said...

I think I'm going to be saying awwwwweeeee for about 10 minutes. How cute is Doogs all tucked in there?????? Awwwwwweeeee!!!!!! Oliver sleeps exactly the same way on our couch~must be a Scottie thing.

You've outdone yourself again with your wonderful creations. Miss Abigail Tabbytail has discovered the jingle bell on my Scottie pillow BTW. She thinks it's great sport to toss it off the chair! I'm trying to teach her to give more respect to anything Scottie.