Sunday, December 9, 2007

I AM SO THRILLED and Tagged by Kate!

When I woke up this morning and checked my emails, I got a sweet surprise from my friends, Jenn and Jacqui, over at The Bowerbird's Nest. I am sure that you have seen other bloggers' illustrations that have been designed by the fabulous Miss Jacqui, and now Duhgall and I have our own sweet design! Jacqui even pegged my hair cut and Doogs' plaid collar. He used to have a plaid leash, however he used it as a chew toy one day and severed it in half with his sharp Scotty teeth.


Jenn and Jacqui, thank you from the bottom of my Y for taking the time to make something so wonderful for Duhgall and I. I just love it and the red and white polka dots are just perfect!

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Last week I was tagged by Kate, over at Our Red House, to do the Meme game. Kate has a lovely list of things about her that really speak of what a wonderful and compassionate person she is. If you haven't read her list, check it out here.

Ok...here are some tid bits about myself.

8 Things I Am Passionate About: My family, my pets, friends, honesty, our military, making a comfortable home for my family, instilling values in my children, loving life.

8 Things I want to do before I die: Go to England, Go to Ireland, Go to Scotland, Go to Wales, Learn to play the bagpipes, Have a coastal home with geese and ducks, Have a large garden to grow our food, Have grandchildren.

8 Things I say often: I love you, No way!, Have a wonderful day, Doogie, want a treat?, Can you clean your room?, Take your shoes off and don't walk with them on the carpet!, Time to eat.

8 Books I have read lately: Paula Deen's and Friends cookbook, Everyday Italian cb, Mary Engelbreit's Home Sweet Home, The Bible, Flea Market Makeovers For The Outdoors, Bend The Rules Sewing, Amy Butler's In Stitches, Cath Kidston's In Print.

8 Songs I could listen to over and over: Let The Good Times Roll (Cars), Open Arms (Journey), Amazing Grace with Bagpipes, O Holy Nite, Jackie (Cars), Hey Jude (Beatles), Wind Beneath My Wings (Bette Midler), Candle In The Wind (Elton John).

8 Things that attract me to my best friends: Fun, Honest, Laughter, Common threads, Loving, Faithful, Not mean spirited, Compassion.

8 People who should totally do this Meme: Lallee, Jenn and Jacqui, Heidi, Nancy, Esther, Becky, Melissa, and Sandy. Have fun!




27 comments:

Rosemary said...

How nice for you!!
Have a great day!
Rosemary

Rosie's Whimsy said...

That is just so fun. What a great job they did for you :-)

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Don't you just love our cartoon selves? We are so stinking cute as cartoons. :-) Of course, you and Doogs are just plain cute, cartoon or for real. I love those ladies. They are just the sweetest.

And YOU are great, Becky. Thanks for tagging me, this looks like a fun one.

Happy Sunday,
xoxo
Melissa

Alison Gibbs said...

What a great job Jenn and Jacqui did for you.
Alison

Disgusted Cats said...

Hi, I was just reading Sandy's (Sam I Am) list, and am visiting your blog for the first time. I am in PFATT with Sandy. May I add your link to my blog? I have a lot of other artist's links. You'd never know from looking at my blog that I am an artist, too; I am on a bit of a hiatus, writing a novel, though.

~Joanne

Natasha Burns said...

LOVE the cartoon Jacqui made for you! She is so good at those isn't she!!! Yours is just perfect and she really goes to terrible trouble with detail!
Great to learn more about you too!

Esther Sunday said...

I loved reading your things about you! Those Cars' songs? On my current CD that I listen to at the health club while on the treadmill. I love, love, love, love, the cartoon pic done for you! Those talented sweet gals! It is soooooo adorable! Yeah, yeah, we all know you have the cutest haircut ever! Love ya! Esther

closed account said...

just to say Hi..enjoyed reading your blog, all the photos are just lovely, noticed you like the bagpipes, me too, except I dont think I would have enough air to play them! hope you enjoy learning this wonderful instrument..will look back again soon..

Anonymous said...

Thanks for doing the meme. It's a huge one, isn't it?

I love, love, love that cartoon image of you and Doogs. It is fabulous.

Kate

closed account said...

Thanks for popping by, also for adding me to your list, as will I with you. Yes , me too, fair hair and freckles!!, glad you liked the music on my blog. regards

Nancy said...

Oh wow, Ok, I will give it a try.
Thanks for tagging me, yours was very interesting, mine might not be. lol

Flea Market Queen said...

Love your new illustration...
Wonderful!
Priscilla

BittersweetPunkin said...

The two of you have never looked better! How nice!
Blessings,
robin

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Great cartoon..and I love the meme list. Susan

Dena said...

Wow Becky that is so sweet of them, that cartoon is just adorable! Loved reading and learning more about you :)

Hugs,
Dena

farmerjulie said...

how great is that! I love, love , love it!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

You & Duhgall are one cute cartoon! They are such sweet ladies! Loved the meme!

Manuela

Lallee said...

Jenn and Jacqui did a fabulous job! My jaw dropped when I saw their rendering of you and Doogs on your blog! And just how tall are you in those heels??

I enjoyed reading your meme and getting to know you even more. I'll have to put my thinking cap on and put mine up soon. Thank you for tagging me. I have a feeling I'm going to have some very similar answers.

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky!! Oh you and Doogs are lookin' so good :) So happy you liked it! Doogs just had to have a tartan lead and collar! Thanks for tagging us, sounds like fun, will have to put our thinking caps on now! lol Great to to learn more about you. Have a wonderful day Becky and Doogs :) Jenn and Jacqui

Nan said...

Very cool! I love it.
Nan

Michelle said...

Your cartoon is too sweet:) Have a great day. Michelle

kari and kijsa said...

Jenn and Jacqui are the best! You both look adorable....love your Christmas decorations...they are the best!

Have a very blessed day!

smiles, kari and kijsa

Meggie said...

Great pix of you and Doogs. Will you use it as a header?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming by. Love your blog.

Anonymous said...

The caricature of you and Doogs is so perfect! Lucky you.

~elaine

Cottage Contessa said...

Fantastic blog cartoon of you and Doogs! Your 8 things meme was great too!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Mary Lou Weidman said...

This was my first visit to your blog and what a nice place to visit for fun and pleasure and I was very inspired by your wonderful projects. Thank you for the lovely music too. It was all great.
Cheery Goodbye,
Mary Lou
Marylouweidman.blogspot.com