Sunday, January 4, 2009

Random Acts.....

...of random picture taking. Hubby got a new Canon 50D camera with all of his birthday and Christmas moola. So what does a big kid do with a new toy? Yup, he takes TONS of photos. This post will be in honor of my husband and his view through his lens.

Monterey, California....
This fella was posing for everyone! Quite the character!
If you click on the sailboat picture, you can actually see the man!
A perfect winter day at the ocean.
People watching. Look at how many people are holding a tasty warm beverage in their hands.
Elevator access to what? AWESOME sea food!
Taking a photo of my son and his girlfriend with HIS new camera. Are you getting the "picture" here. That's right....mom - me, moi - is still towing around the 2002 Olympus. But that is ok, I am saving my money for a little surprise that I will share with you in the not so distant future. Naw....not a new BMW (I wish!).
Kids being silly.....
...and more silly-ness from my boy.
Lots of great restaurants to chose from.


Cute houses to oogle over.
Hubby took this photo for our friend Wave, who just so happens to be Cottage Of The Month at the Old Painted Cottage.
My friend and blog visitor, "Becky Up The Hill" lives close by to where these photos were taken - up in the foothills of "The Gold Country".
This stately old Victorian always gets some rubber necking from us when we drive by.

Too cold to linger in the park this day....
...huh, fella?
Back at our old homestead hubby meanders through the yard....
...being random again.
Doogie Boy likes to hang out in the front and is fixated on the cat across the street. He is like our little Sentinal standing guard over the house.
I do believe that Doogs gets most of the attention and is the biggest "model" so far.

19 comments:

Miss Jean said...

Great photos! I read a review of this particular camera and there were all pro comments and no cons. Sounds like you did your homework and made a great choice. The pictures of Doogs are priceless. Becky, your little surprise will be much better than a new camera, don't 'cha know!!!

Skoots1moM said...

Doogs is soooo handsome...and your boy is too!
happy new year!

Rosie's Whimsy said...

Great photos! Some one is definitely having tons of fun :-)

They call me Estatez... said...

I loved your hubby's shots of Monterey. We were just there the weekend before Christmas. If you've never stayed at the Green Gables Inn on Ocean View Blvd. in PG, it is a must! It is our go to place when we just need to reinvigorate our life and relationship. I highly recommend the Gable Room!

Laurie

Lisa Pogue said...

What a great tour. Your photos turned out beautifful!!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Now those are some great photos! I wonder what you are saving your money for.....can't wait to find out! Happy New Year Becky!
Penny

the wild raspberry said...

Nice crisp photos! Do you really have a rhododendron in bloom? Or anything in bloom?! That is not fair.

Brenda said...

Becky; What lovely Pictures you hubby did a great job.Your Son is such a handsome young man,you must be so proud.
Brenda

Vintage Linen Treasures said...

Hey Becky! Happy New Year!! Love all the pictures, and they turned out so beautifully too. How fun to be out with your family by the sea! (I miss the ocean so much) Your son is so cute - like his mom.
Can't wait to see what you're saving up for.
Patricia :o)

Unknown said...

NICE snaps! Better look out Becky.... I think he could have potential! : )

Your son and his girlfriend make a very cute couple! (tell him he needs to put a jacket on) : )

Looks like an awesome day out!

~Liz

P.S. thanks for the teaser... can't wait to see what you got!

Sue said...

Wonderful photo's makes me want to take a trip to the coast!! Your husband did good for a man taking pictures...you know what I mean...Happy New year...I'm having a giveaway over at my blog, make sure you stop in.....Sue.

Jean said...

Love the photos, and I really can't blame anyone from wanting to take Doogs picture. I can't wait until you get that great surprise.Have a wonderful evening.
Jean in Virginia

Susie Q said...

Wonderful photos! I know he is lovin' his camera...I got a new one as well and oh gosh are we having fun with it!

Oh how I love the area where you live. I was there a few years ago and so loved it all. Seeing ut again through your blog is heaven for me.

I LOVED your friend's home!! Now THAT is my kind of cottage! I downloaded each image and have studied it all...oooh. Gives me chills!! Please tell them how much some old lady in Ohio LOVES it all!
And what a great job you did photographing it all!

Happy new year sweet Becky!

Love,
Sue

Susie Q said...

Hmmm....now what IS she saving to buy hmmm?? Let's all think...

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Oh the joy of having a new camera! Yeaaaaa for him and his new toy. :-)

Aunt Amelia
"It snowed and snowed, the whole world over,..."

Andi said...

Happy New Year Becky! Your Doogs is by far the very best model! I love all the photos...such a pretty place to photograph.

Looking forward to seeing the little surprise you're saving for!

Hugs, Andi

Heidi Ann said...

Hey Becky!! Sonora and Jamestown photos - cool! Happy New Year to you - (I want to go to Monterey!)

Maison Douce said...

Oh, my goodness, the pictures are great!!!!Happy new year, Becky, and thank you so very much for posting about my giveaway, that is so sweet!! So glad to call you my blogging friend!
Isabel

Anonymous said...

oooooooooh!!!
I LOVED THIS POST SO MUCH!! All of the photos are just wonderful!! You are all just beautiful!!
Miss you!
xo,
Kim