Monday, September 26, 2011

A Mother’s Love

madonna and child antique setting A Mother's Love
A Mother's love is something
that no one can explain,
It is made of deep devotion
and of sacrifice and pain,



P1010003f
It is endless and unselfish
and enduring come what may
For nothing can destroy it
or take that love away . . .
It is patient and forgiving
when all others are forsaking,
And it never fails or falters
even though the heart is breaking . . .



P1010040w
It believes beyond believing
when the world around condemns,
And it glows with all the beauty
of the rarest, brightest gems . . .



P1010015 It is far beyond defining,
it defies all explanation,
And it still remains a secret
like the mysteries of creation . . .



P1010006 A many splendored miracle
man cannot understand
And another wondrous evidence
of God's tender guiding hand.


P1010021d By Helen Steiner Rice



Matthew 11:28-29 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.



**Peace to you this day**

20 comments:

Cynthia's Cottage Design said...

HI Becky!

That was so sweet and touching, it took my breath away!! What beautiful words and pictures!

The vintage shopping before this was so so inspiring too sweetie! Thanks so much for sharing and I hope summer was good to you and fall is welcome! Wishing you blessings and smiles every day!

hugs , Cyn xo

Jocelyn said...

This is beautiful and so touching. Thank you for sharing these words written by Helen Steiner Rice.

Jocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Simply Shelley said...

And peace to you too dear Becky....I love the works of Helen Steiner Rice.
May you find comfort and rest in his sweet Holy Spirit....blessings

Connie the crafterbug said...

That is my favorite picture of Mary and baby Jesus. Do you know who painted ?I have wanted to get a copy of it for a long time.
Connie

Amy said...

Thank you Becky. Your post was so appropriate for me today. Last year on this day my sweet mom had a stroke. It was the start of a journey I'll never forget. She passed away 10 days later. May our Mother the Virgin Mary comfort you bless you.

Julie Harward said...

I do lover her poetry! Come see my little mother and new baby love. :D

Kathleen Grace said...

So true. Helen Steiner Rice has such a way with words, I always find her poetry inspirational and touching Wishing you peace as well my friend. xo
Kathy

Joy said...

And also with you. Thank you for a lovely post.

Anne Lorys said...

You have all my love and prayers, my sweet friend.
Many hugs to you, I'm here if you ever need me.

Love,
Anne

camp and cottage living said...

Becky
I love Helen Steiner Rice. I am going to copy this down to keep.
It is so true, isn't it?
I've also enjoyed traveling along with Sadie Mae, Toto, Rufus and yourself on your shopping excursion
I wish I'd been along too.
Blessings-Kimberly

Linda said...

What a wonderful post...you had me wiping tears from my eyes with the combination of the beautiful pictures and the lovely poem.

Have a wonderful day!!

dogwood designs said...

Sweet post! my Mother is also gone to be with Jesus. We do miss them.

TheCrankyCrow said...

:o)
I can't say more...
Hugs ~ Robin

Emma said...

well Becky, this post made me stop in my tracks today as i have just posted some exciting news over on my blog...her words are so beautiful.
I wish you a peaceful happy day
xxx

Unknown said...

Thank you, V

Unknown said...

Thank you, Becky. V

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

Love you gal!

Elsie said...

Love your post Becky, don't know how I missed this one. You brought tears to my eyes. Sorry I'm late.

marie said...

God's peace to you too Becky. This is such a lovely post!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Becky, this was beautiful, Sweetheart! You always touch my heart, you know. Always.
You are one I will never ever forget.
May peace be with you too..
Mona