Saturday, June 4, 2011

One’s Man Trash…..

P1010001cYears back I heard the saying: “One’s man trash is another man’s treasure.” I thought that to be quite hilarious, not really realizing that trash took on a wide range of interpretation – not just the stuff thrown into the brown bag underneath the kitchen sink.


The other day I was going through and sending some photos to the “trash” file. Photos I had taken of things to sell, things to blog about and other random oddities.P1010002c


Some of the “things” are still around the house, while other items are now residing under other household roofs. Then there are the food pictures – that of course consumed by none other than MOI. (Man!! If I weren’t watching my caloric intake right now, I’d be making up some of those chocolate chip cookies!!)


P1010006d




P1010077b



P1010003f There are some collections that I won’t part with, like my tins….


P1010013


P1010035d







P1010015b



…and motto prints, like this one my friend Cheryl gave to me….






P1010048



P1010137a



…or some little treasures in the guest bedroom.



P1010039c



It is fun to flip through photos and revisit some of my all time favorite collections. No regrets for parting with a few of them – there are tons of treasures to be found out there in this world. After all, too much stuff means more to dust. Right? :)






Yup!

19 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Love that red frame and I need to clean out mine, too. Great shots.

Pondside said...

It's fun to look back at the things that once consumed us (or in the case of the food shots, things we once consumed!)
Lovely images, lovely sentiments.

kybarb said...

love your red and white treasures! I've been trashing photos too (taking a class online to help with that)! Great photos-- love your collections too!

The Green Pea said...

Nice post Becky, love the photos. Those cookies just made me hungry...
I haven't had sugar in a while. Oh, well, it just a photo of some yummy
cookies. Hey, thanks for your help
today. Love ya, sandi

Ricki Treleaven said...

This is such a cute idea for a post. I love it! :D

Linda said...

Great post...it's funny how we can look back and see how our tastes change through time. You have some wonderful collections!

Vintage Gal said...

Wonderful post ~ but I must say the pictures of the yummy treats has made by tummy rumble ;-)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I like the Pretty is as pretty does! My grandmother ALWAYS said that! I love being surrounded by treasures...dust and all! ♥

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

You have beautiful treasures!
Hugs,
Penny

Deborah said...

Becky,
Love the idea of revisiting old posts, pics and treasures. The memories can never be sold or taken away. They will always be there for us to take out and dust off. Have a blessed day.

Stitchfork said...

Altho I wouldn't mind dusting that cute silver monogrammed basket!
xo Cathy

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Pretty is as Pretty does...I love that!! It is fun to go back, and to think, some of us have been blogging for 5 years or more...it boggles my mind.

Elsie said...

Yup more stuff you find and sell to me...:). I love my silhouette.
You always have the most beautiful photos. I love looking at your stuff.

Anonymous said...

Love your blog! found it a while back on the tour of homes. I so totally wish you would come and decorate my home! Love your taste!

Becky

Cynthia's Cottage Design said...

Hi Becky!

I love looking back on things too, it's so much fun to flip through things we haven't seen in awhile and before you know it, that makes hours go by reminiscing :) It's so funny because I was just telling my Mom about your blog (she was asking what blogging is like and who the "ladies" are etc.)and I brought up your blog because I know my Mom would love it as much as me!(although she's a newbie to computers lol ) and 2 minutes later I got an email with your comment on my minis :) I love how that happens :) Hope all is well with you and your family! I love coming here and enjoying all you share sweetie! Hope your weekend is going swell!

Big Hugs, Cyn xo

Musings from Kim K. said...

I always look forward to your vignettes. Your photos are gorgeous. Lovely memories. Lovely collections.

Michelle@ A Full Cottage said...

Your collections are amazing! I especially like the red frame.....and the food! Thanks for sharing.

:) Michelle

pajudie said...

Wow - that Graham's Shortbreat tin with the McLeod tartan is just the greatest!!! My mother is a McLeod and I'm always on the lookout for her tartan - that's just awesome!! Your collections look wonderful :o)
Judie

Janet said...

All the pictures are beautiful and showcase your talent for photography, BUT the one that calls to me the most is that delicious strawberry shortcake. Strawberries should be in season here in a week or two...yum!