Monday, February 18, 2008

The Little Things That Make You Smile

For starters, a little note from Maxine.
I wanted to share with you a lovely post that was recently done by Pearl who has the delightful blog A Storybook Life. Pearl did a great post that offered ideas from many women on how to display under glass. Stop by for some delightful inspiration. Note: The first four glass jar displays were made by other ladies, so for more information on who the talented designers are, please stop by Pearl's blog.

The above gorgeous display was created by Mary, over at Little Red House. Mary's sophisticated flair is so pretty!
Check out this little sweet display about The Princess And The Pea, which happens to be one of my favorite stories from my childhood.
Now isn't this just delightful!? A Putz sheep and a little bird's nest ~ how sweet!
The jar above was done by me - thank you, Pearl for adding this in your post!!!

Pearl also did a sweet post on bird cages and how to use them for display. I was blessed, again, to be included in her post, which featured many great ideas on how to use an old bird cage.

This sweet little embroidered heart was made by Miss Kwitty's - who is a charming seller on ETSY. The little bluebird is what caught my eye!
For so long now I have wanted to buy a pincushion that Beth, over at Beth's Bagz, made. I got this one right in the nick of time!! Of course it had to be a scotty - and a PINK one at that!? Beth goes all out in adorning her pieces with the most delightful bobbles, trims and fabrics. Sure to please and sure to put a huge smile on your face!
This is how the pincushion arrived...sweet tissue paper and all wrapped up so sweetly - down to the PINK tootsie pop sucker that was tied on with vintage millinary. CUTE!!
Ok, I know I have some quirky things about my house, but ya know, these just make me smile. Sometimes ya just need a little pick-me-up in a day and what better than to do that is to have a few vintage kitsch things here and there in your home. The elephant and clown are vintage cake decorating pieces that I found at a fav antique shop and the little plate is another vintage child's tin plate - see the little bluebirds? Yup! That is why this one came home with me!
The above pieces are just some fun things tucked inside a glass front kitchen cabinet. The two tea pots are tiny little ring holders. These have fun little graphics on them and are cute as a button!

21 comments:

kari and kijsa said...

**Shhhh!**
You are invited to a SURPRISE BLOGGY BIRTHDAY PARTY for kari this Wednesday, Feb 20.
She is turning 40!!!

I would love for you to stop by the party on Wednesday to surprise (hopefully!) the birthday girl, enjoy a bite of cake, sprinkle a little of your magic birthday dust, and check out the party favor giveaway!

blessings,
kijsa

Natasha Burns said...

Love the displays under glass Becky! and that heart with the birdie is so sweet - no wonder you love it! I've got a Beth pin cushion too which I gave to mum for Christmas with a cute chipmunk on it - she adds so many wonderful vintage bits and bobs doesn't she!

Linda said...

I love displaying under glass and these are darling vignettes.
I smile eveytime I visit with you. I always see such prety things and just for fun things too. It's nice to live with things that make you smile...I think it's a good thing. Linda

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky! Love the displays under glass, we visited Pearls blog a few days ago and saw them all, just gorgeous :) The embroidered bluebird heart is too adorable!! You always bring a huge smile to our faces! And Maxine is a hoot!! Cuddle for Doogs :) Jenn and Jacqui

Kathleen Grace said...

Your blog is one of those little things that make me smile:>) I just love your sense of style and the colors you use. Everything is always sdo cheerful and bright and fun!

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Hi Becky, I used to sell Beths bags in my store. I still see people on the streets of my town sporting those fabulous, fun totes. I can't believe how perfect that pincushion is for you. That little heart is sooo sweet and the little vignettes under glass give me something to think about. Very pretty and very inspiring. Susan

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky,

I just love all those ideas of presentations under glass....and I love, love, love that pincushion. How much cuter could that be?? Hope you are having a wonderfully blessed day!

Hugs,
LeAnn :)

Kristen said...

Oh everything is wonderful! I can't even imagine where to start! I have to say though that the pin cushion is just tooo adorable!!!

Miss Jean said...

Becky: Greetings from Miss Jean.

As always, a delightful post. Thanks for the link about bird cages. I've been meaning to crawl up in the attic and fetch mine-I will definitely do that now! And the little pink scotty!!!!! You really know how to get my attention, don't you dear.

Have a great day and see ya soon.

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Happy Day dear Becky! Everything here is always cute as a button!

xo
Melissa

Mary said...

Hi Becky,
I just love all your little vintage pieces -- they definitely bring a smile to my face! You have such wonderful style!
xoxo,
Mary

BittersweetPunkin said...

I love the displays under glass...how pretty!

Your new pin cushion is so sweet...
Hugs,
Robin

Rose said...

I'm spreading the love around today, bloggy love that is, so I've posted about your lovely blog. Love all the great photos you have on your blog!

Have a great day!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, you've shown us so many pretty things. The displays are really unusual...I could spend ages looking at them.
Margaret and Noreen

Brenda said...

Hi Becky; such eye candy and so inspiring,everytime I visit your blog it makes me want to be creative.I would love to have more vintage items in my home but I some how did not get the female shopping gene and I can only shop for short periods of time.I think that is why I love Ebay so much I can just shop right from home.

Best Wishes
Brenda:)

Simply Shelley said...

Hi Dear Becky, I so love your style. The little kitschy items are just so sweet. My kitchen is becoming very kitschy. I didn't plan it, it's just happening. I really like it though. Like you said these cute little things can be a real pick me up and just make you want to laugh.

Thanks for sharing this post. I really enjoyed visiting.

Blessings,Shelley

Cheryl said...

Always love to visit your blog and get inspired! All the cuteness under glass is just so wonderful.
And what a sweet pincushion :-)!

Kasey said...

I LOVE your displays under the glass bells.
Love them.
I just happened across your blog.
Kasey
www.lolabboutique.blogspot.com

Maria Catalina Wiley said...

Beautiful displays under glass :) Your blog puts a smile on my face :)
love
Maria

Lallee said...

I love, love, love all your little objects of whimsy. They make me smile, too. The pincushion is a real cutie.

Those are wonderful displays under glass. I'm still trying to get the right look under one of my cloches.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the info about our segment "creations Under Glass"... as well as displaying some of those beautiful creations that were made for the segment. We loved your special jar display!

Pearl