Saturday, August 11, 2007

A Weekend Peeky-Boo!




Happy happy, joy joy! A little trip to one of my favorite quilting shops and to Barnes and Noble and I have more fabric and books to add to my stash!

One of the simple joys in my life is going to the fabric store. Like a kid in a toy shop, I just have to have something. So, after oogling over new Amy Butler, Moda and Free Spirit fabrics, I selected a few must haves, along with some ric-rac.

For those ladies who would like to sew but don't know the first thing about it, I recommend Amy Karol's new book: Bend-the-rules Sewing. There are great illustrations and instructions from equipment, techniques and patterns. Amy Butler's book: In Stitches is beautifully written and even comes with a little pocket full of patterns.

Whilst at the fabric store I met a lovely young lady, Beth, who was lingering in the Amy Butler section. We sparked up a conversation and talked about things we made and she shared with me that she designed children's clothing and had previously sold them on eBay. After exhanging our blog address (this sounds so futuristic and hi-tech) I came home and looked up her blog. Beth's work is pure and she captures the essence of the moment. Her sewing and creations are a-dor-able! This young woman has been blessed with amazing talent! Get another cup of tea or coffee and check out her sites (for some reason I cannot get this to hyper link...errrrr!!)
http://www.jamestownboys.com/
http://jamestownboys.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky, My name is Shelley ! I found you thru Rosemary at~Retro Rosie~. I just had to tell you I saw your home featured at ~The Old Painted Cottage~. I just loved it and went back for a second and third look ! Your home is so beautiful,inside and out. I can only dream of living some where so beautiful,I live in an older mobile home,I am grateful for my home but it was so nice seeing all your lovelys , etc. You are very talented ! I am glad I found you and I will be sure to keep paying you visits. Hope you will be posting pictures of your home !
Blessings, Shelley

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Hello Shelley! Thank you for stopping by for a visit and also for visiting Jennifer's COTM site. I have never considered my home worthy to be COTM and was excited, shocked and thrilled all at the same time when Jennifer said she wanted to feature our home. There are just so many other homes out there that I admire, like you! Your kindness brightened my day! Hear is a huge smile for you! My mother has a mobile home, too, and she has fixed it up to be adorable. She is a thrifting Queen and finds great deals on pretty things to fill her home. My mom is my inspiration....happy day to you, Shelley! xo, Becky

Dena said...

Hi Becky, I too just found your site and had to add it to my favorites! I'm going to grab another cup of coffee and visit a while. Just lovely!!!

Dena

Sweet Remembrance said...

I am one or those who does not sew, but oh how I wish I did! I will have to look up this book...thanks!
Priscilla

Lallee said...

Oh my, her creations are too wonderful! Fabrics~now there is a temptation I try NOT to start. There are so many wonderful ones to choose from. Keep sewing so you can go get more ;-)