Thursday, August 23, 2007

Here Kitty, Kitty!



Long ago I went to a little flea market and came across the small metal kitten lamp base and bought it for 3.00. It needed a shade and I ended up having the white shade. The shade was plain and needed some personalizaton. Because the base is brown I thought brown buttons would be great. I have tons of buttons and found some vintage ones and hot glued them on the shade.

The round picture was purchased at an antique store many years ago and it reminds me of my cat when she was a kitten. In front are two little old cat figurines to hang out with the other kitty things.

Little things like these just put a smile in my heart.

Note: Being as I love bagpipe music, I found this "techno version" of one of my favorite songs. It cracked me up!

8 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Cute idea with the shade!
Penny

Esther Sunday said...

The brown buttons are very effective! Lamp shades are so fun to play with! I am not a cat person, but those kitties are perfect for me! As for your comment today on my site, maybe we are long lost 10th cousins or something? ;) My dad is from Newport, Wales, the same town Anthony Hopkins was born and raised. I think that makes him and I basically related, don't you think? Love, Esther

Dena said...

I just love the lamp and those brown buttons are so cute!!!

Dena

Lori said...

Hi, Skipped over to your site somehow!!LOL The cat decorations are so cute. The techno was VERY neat too! Stop by for a visit soon! Lori

Flea Market Queen said...

Becky...love the lamp, the shade looks great with the buttons! Your other cat treasures are so precious! I love all your things...
Priscilla

Anonymous said...

Miss Becky,I love it all and I really like the music.It is great.You funny girl,love Kathy

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Love the bagpipes and the kitty collection :)

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

I love what you did to the shade...very clever idea! I have such a soft spot for cats/kittens so I really enjoyed your picture.