Monday, August 13, 2007

A Pretty Pillow from Amanda




A few weeks back I got an email from Amanda to say that she is back selling her handmade creations again. Amanda (aka: My*Porch) had been selling her things on eBay up until six months ago. She took a break and is back in action, but now under the name Raspbery*Beret.

Even though I sew and make pillows, there is just something wonderful about buying a pretty piece that someone else put their heart and soul into. I spotted a pretty pillow on Amanda's store and it was a had-to-have! It arrived a few days ago and it was like opening a present! As soon as I opened the box, I was greeted with a lovely scent of lavender and a fresh clean laundry smell. Carefully wrapped in tissue was my pretty pillow and tucked on top was a precious little heart sachet...plump full of lavender! What a treat!

For now my Amanda pillow is on my old pink chair...pairing up nicely with my little cottage pillow. Thank you, Amanda, and glad to see you are doing great! Sew till you drop sister! xoxoxo

7 comments:

Lizzie said...

What a beautiful pillow- love that vintage fabric- gorgeous!

Flea Market Queen said...

I am loving the pillow! I have to peek at more...

Lallee said...

Beautiful pillow. I really enjoyed Amanda's site and will visit again. The details in her is wonderful. Thank you for the heads up ;-)

Anonymous said...

Love the pillow! I'd be ordering one for myself, or maybe an apron or other pretty thing, except for the fact that I just bought five pairs of shoes for my son. His feet grew when I wasn't looking! That kind of sets you back a bit. Darn! So no pillows for me! Glad to be able to look at such pretty things though! She does beautiful work!

Melissa

Sophie Honeysuckle said...

It's gorgeous! I too, love pillows! And well done for spotting the Notting Hill houses-I'm impressed!!

Dena said...

I just love this pillow! Absolutely adorable :)

Dena

blessings said...

I agree. I love making pillows and handbags but there's something special about getting something pretty that you didn't make yourself. Blessings... Polly