Several moons back I bought some old doors from a friend with intentions on making up some signs. I finally got around to finishing this one!
I used a green paint for the base (although my pictures make the green look more gray), applied Annie Sloan white to the top. Next I sanded like the dickens to get the green to show through. Instead of stenciling the words, I traced the letters and hand painted them with black acrylic paint. I allowed the black paint to dry overnight and then sanded more to make the sign look aged.
A little black paint was added to the grooves for a pop of detail.
I used an oak stained wax to add a little antiquing. The next day I buffed it out to give it have a little luster.
A fun project! Looking forward to using my other door for another sign.
They are kind of addicting to make!