Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Cheery Cherry Finds





I L-O-V-E vintage Cherry things! All of these items I have bought at either estate or garage sales. A few weeks ago I decided to head over to a garage sale and convinced my husband to drive me over there. So, Doogs, my hub and I hopped in the car and drove over to day two of an "antique-garage sale." It was mid morning and I just knew that there wasn't going to be anything good left, but I needed to get out of the house for a spell. I am glad I went because there were still some awesome treausres there. Come to find out, the lady having the sale sells at one of my favorite antique malls. I gathered up a few goodies and went over to the table to pay. I then looked down and spotted the Cherry Bread Box below a table. How did I miss it to begin with? Well, if any of you can relate, we look at eye level...a quick glance over the tables to see if something jumps out at ya! I could not believe that it was only 15.00! It is also in great condition with very slight wear. So, home it came and it is in my kitchen to hold incoming bills on one shelf and pens, paper and keys on the second. My little vintage bread box is a multi-tasker! Gotta love it!

12 comments:

Rosemary said...

Becky, love the bread box! I had one that i used to store bills ect in too!

Judy said...

Oh I love the bread box and all your other cherry goodies!! Isn't fun when you find something everyone else missed?

cherry said...

hi becky! I have a weakness for Cherry things but it might have something to do with my name. I however do not have a lot of luck finding old Cherry things. I love yours! They are right at home amongst all your lovely things! tHANKS letting me know about the potty. train. Will remember for the future. I love terriers as well....most kinds. I love Welsh Terriers...look like mini Airdales. Very expensive though. cherry

Mrs. Cherry Heart said...

Oh Becky what fun cherry goodies!

You are invited to come and visit my blog....I collect vintage cherry treasures too!

Blessings,
Dolly@From my CHERRY heart
http://frommycherryheart.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Here's another cherry lover! Gosh..do I need that! I have bills that need to go in something cute! Surely you want to sale it...right? : )

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Hi Tina! LOL! Naw, right now I think I will keep it. If I ever decide to sell it though, I will let you know! Good to hear from you! Becky

Anonymous said...

Oh you "cherry girls" are just too cute! I love these Becky - they are adorable!
xo,
Kim

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Hi Ladies! Thank you for your comments! Great to hear from you, Kim! I really appreciate all of your comments and visiting your blogs! Ya'll have a wonderful weekend! Becky

Lallee said...

Oh, that is so cute~oozes charm!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I wish I could find that bread box...I have the matching cake carrier I bought (not cheap), but I "love me cherries, too" so had to have it. I recently came across an old ad for this cherry set - it had matching canisters and a trash can as well. I do find random cherry things at thrift stores, which is always neat.

Jen Kershner said...

I have recently scored some vintage cherry pieces myself and am now HOOKED!

Anonymous said...

I love your collections! I have three Buffalo china plates in the Plymouth pattern (used to have four but my son dropped one...) and, although I'm not a collector, I LOVE them. I don't suppose you'd be willing to sell yours? Just the plates? Let me know! I'm Jill, at jill_weinstein@mac.com