Thursday, August 30, 2007

Blessings From Friends






Gosh, sometimes I just don't know how to be the person who receives such kindness from others. Embarrassed, blushing, humbled, grateful...just a few words that would describe my feelings when someone does something nice for me.

This past week I was blessed with sweetness from two blogging friends...Miss Lisa and Miss Amy.

Lisa contacted me after adding her to my "favorites list" and told me that she was so appreciative that she wanted to send me a "prize." Gee, I just never expected such generosity for adding someone to my list. She told me that she wanted to send it to me because it would nicely fit right into my house. A few days later, I got a parcel from her and inside was this adorable vintage bird figurine. And yes, she hit the nail on the head and has me pegged! I just love it!!

Then there is Miss Amy, at Four Sisters' blog, who I ordered some linens from awhile back. Because she knows that I have a Scotty Dog, she surprised me with this wonderfully petite Scotty Dog purse. I squealed like a little kid when I saw it wrapped inside a tablecloth that I had bought. I hung it on my hall tree and it now is amongst other Scotty Dog things.

Lisa and Amy, I thank you from the bottom of my big girl heart for your loving generosity and thoughtfulness. I never knew that I would ever meet such sweet ladies over the internet and in the world of blogging. You both have touched my heart and made my day so much brighter. I love you both!!!

11 comments:

Sweet Remembrance said...

I love the scotty dog purse...so, so cute! Aren't there nice folks out there in blogland!!
Priscilla

Shelby said...

very nice!

Esther Sunday said...

Very sweet and thoughtful - but then I bet your are too! Love the scottie bag - perfect for ya!
Esther

cherry said...

Couldn't happen to a nicer lady! I Love that bird...of course I do.. since I have the SAME one! The purse is sweet too! Cherry

Anonymous said...

You deserve such kindness. What dear people to think of you and share sweet things!

Lisa Johnson said...

Becky, you are so welcome. You have been nothing but the sweetest, nicest person to me since we met. Hard to believe it has only been a few weeks. You truly feel like a kindred spirit to me. My only regret is that I didn't start blogging sooner. I never imagined when I started this how I would meet such wonderful and creative people through blogging. I just thought it would be a fun way to share my projects and it would force me to take more pictures and record the things I do. I am amazed at the number of caring, talented and kind women there are out there that I would never have met if I did not start my blog. So thank you for being one of them.

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Lucky lady !Love your gifts and the little rag doll is adorable. Such sweet gals to think of you.
Blessings, Shelley

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Becky, you are very deserving of the sweet gifts you received...enjoy them!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh - wonderful treats for you and you are so deserving! The sweetest, most loving ladies exist in Blogland.. and you are one of them!

xo,
Kim

Kali said...

how thoughtful...lovely treats, for a lovely lady! Enjoy :)

Lallee said...

I love them both. Beatiful treasures indeed from now forever friends.