Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Changing It Up A Bit







Yesterday I was in the mood to change up the look of the bathroom shelf in our half bathroom. As weird as it may sound, that room is my favorite in the house. Why? Because it has white beadboard - which I could have in every room if I had my way.

Above the toilet is a white shelf/cabinet that we bought about five years ago at a great shop in San Juan Baptista called Annie's Cottage. Up until yesterday, the shelf held little goodies like vintage powder tins and perfume bottles. (The first pic.)

Because the bath has oil-rubbed fixtures and the frames on the motto prints are dark, I decided to add some things that I had that are more subtle in color. Now on the shelf are some antique Hazel Atlas bottles, old milk glass jars with metal lids, a fun old soap tin, & an old picture of children. Hanging from the hook is a pocket pillow that I made using black toile & ticking and old lace, my Grandmother's antique curling iron, and a little sachet. On top of the shelf I have old coin silver trophy cups and a mirror.

For now it will suffice...till I get in another mood for change. :)

11 comments:

Kathleen Grace said...

I love the colors you have in your bath. So soothing and the things you put on the shelf are so interesting and pretty. :>)

Michelle E. ~ Vintage Pastiche' said...

I love the look of your bathroom, that cupboard and shelf is so cute. I also love your clock collection too. :)

*muahs*

Michelle

Anonymous said...

It looks very cute, sounds like you are mixing it up a bit too with the darker finishes and the lighter cabinet. LOVE that contrast! I bet the whole room looks FABULOUS! You have a great eye for it.

Laurie and Chris said...

The shelf really looks nice:)

Anonymous said...

I lovelovelove that pocket pillow you made! Your whole bathroom is just so charming and pretty!

Manuela

Esther Sunday said...

It looks very french chic now! I am in a very labor intensive project of painting my 20 year old darker wood living room furniture white. It is so much easier to change styles and looks with white, it seems. Love, Esther

Betty said...

I love what you did with the shelf. Very striking arrangement!

Dena said...

I love the way the colors work in your bathroom and that collection is so perfectly arranged :) Just lovely.


Dena

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Becky, I just love how you've changed your bathroom shelf...it's a great look. Your bathroom is very similar to mine as it has beadboard, which I love (I have it in my kitchen, too). Our bathroom was remodeled back in December and I still have to decorate it. I didn't want to put just anything up so I've held of on doing getting it decorated. Thanks for the inspiration!

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Love the shelf and the redo! The black and white looks fabulous! I love the little pillow you made, too!
I would have beadboard in every room of my house if I could, too!!
Michelle

Kali said...

how pretty...love it all! xo