Monday, August 6, 2007

First Doll Quilt and Little Bird Pillow




Some time ago, I ordered an embroidery iron-on pattern from Pattern Bee and finally finished stitching it. Love, love, love redwork and had a huge stack of red fabric to use. So, this little quilt ended up being a combination of some of my favorite things...little birds and red fabrics. Added here and there are vintage buttons for a little extra texture.

The pillow I made several months ago and donated it for a raffle at The Modesto Garden Club luncheon. The centerpiece is another Pattern Bee iron-on pattern, actually two, and I combined them together. I added some sweet complimentary red fabrics along the sides and for the ruffle. The happy ending is that the little pillow went to a sweet lady who loved it and she has just the perfect place to put it.

8 comments:

Judy said...

Adorable!! Redwork is really getting popular again. I'm seeing more and more of it around. I love it too.

Lallee said...

Becky, these are beautiful! I'm going to try some red work someday. I always think it is beautiful. Your fabrics are delightful with the embroidery.

cherry said...

Very sweet! cherry

Anonymous said...

ooooh, so adorable, Becky! I LOVE that pillow!
xo,
Kim

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Absolutely charming!
:)

Gayla said...

Your blog is beautiful. Thank you for the neat comments on my blog.

Kali said...

*swoon* these both are so lovely...I'm especially in love with the mini quilt! I love red and white...
Your work is a treat :-)

Anonymous said...

Becky - this pillow is darling! -amy