Wednesday, August 8, 2007

A Corner in My Laundry Room





I bought this wonderful old green cabinet awhile back and it has been here and there in the house. The other day I moved it to the laundry room counter and I think it looks good there...well, at least for now.

The inside has a wonderful vintage wallpaper (bought it like this). Visiting the cabinet are some vintage Scotty Dog planters, an old mirror showing off its back side, a little bird made in Japan and one of my favorite old tins. The tin has children playing and on top are blue birds.

Hanging on the door is a fun old embroidered towel. On the top I have a darling old 1920's Valentine of a boy running with his dog. I love using the pronged flower frogs to hold old pictures, cards and photos. Years ago I had a whole mantel full of frogs and old Christmas postcards.

12 comments:

Mary said...

Hello, Love your Old Green Cabinet:)
I have the little dog with the cart on my shelf. My friend moved and gave me her green cabinet, she had no room. I told her if she would move home I would give it back...Have a lovely Day. Mary:)

Sharon said...

I like you move things till I find just the right place for it. I like the green cabinet and the way you decorated it. The towel is to cute.

Anonymous said...

Fun stuff on here! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, I was about to leave a reply but I never know if people can see that I responded to them or not??? I am pretty new to blogging. Anyways, just in case, I came by here to meet you in person. I appreciated your comments on my cozy spot. Thanks again and I will look forward to looking around at your lovely blog!
So nice to meet you! I am have a great day meeting the nicest people! Thanks for saying hello.

Melissa

Betty said...

I saw this on Flickr. I love your laundry room. Mine is just that..a laundry room. Yours is adorable!!

Kali said...

so sweet...
the cabinet is darling, as are all the goodies inside & around it.
Lucky you.

Lallee said...

That is just precious, Becky. I love the color and the vintage wallpaper. You have it accessorized so cutely. I love each and every item. Maybe this will inspire me to get my laundry room back in order ;-) I don't have that little dog and cart.....yet.

a Pocket Angel said...

Becky, Whenever I view you blog it's like I stepped into a room Mary Engelbreit room has decorated.. I love just love it! Always makes me smile.. Crazy about your Scotties. Thanks for sharing all the fun photos!
Could I please have your birthday for my blog, it you do not mind that is? Thanks!
Have a lovely day ~Mary~ :-}

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

All of your comments are so sweet! They add a ray of sunshine to my day! xoxoxoxoxo!!!!

Sweet Remembrance said...

Becky...Loving it!
The little cabinet is too cool...
Love your blog, one of my favs~so I tagged you!

cherry said...

Love your little cabinet! Everything looks right at home! cherry

Anonymous said...

That is one of the cutest little cabinets & vignette...what a sweet thing to see while doing laundry. :)

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Becky, your cabinet is so sweet!