Tuesday, August 28, 2007

My Cafe Sign


Signs are fun to have in the house because they look nostalgic and often times have sweet little messages on them. Nowadays you can find new signs in just about any gift shop and even on eBay.

This cafe sign is a one-of-a-kind though and was made by my friend, Marsha, who owns a great shop in town. (note: I will be doing a post about her this week.)

Marsha makes signs out of old wood doors, windows, and scrap wood. When I saw this sign many years ago in her shop, I fell in love with it. Of course, it is in my favorite color, RED, and goes beautifully over my kitchen window. The valance was my first attempt at making one like I had seen in another antique shop. It is made out of a vintage tablecloth.

11 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

How adorable! Love the valance from the vintage tablecloths.
Penny

Anonymous said...

I think signs are very fun too, they add a certain something that regular art just can't!

Have a great day, Becky!

Flea Market Queen said...

Becky...I LOVE the sign, your friend does a fantastic job! And the valance...wonderful!
Have a great day...
Priscilla

Esther Sunday said...

Love it! Looking forward to post. The valance is fabulous! Love, Esther

Lallee said...

I wish I could blink my eyes and be at your 'cafe'. It would be such fun. Adorable sign and I love the window treatment.

Dena said...

Hi Becky,

That sign is so cute, I just love it! :)

Have a great day,
Dena

Anonymous said...

Becky, I LOVE the sign! Just love it! And your valance is so sweet!

xo,
Kim

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

I just love your sign...I am a sign person as I have quite a few in my home, especially in my kitchen, though I am getting a few sprinkled here and there in my other rooms. Your curtain turned out very nice...you should be proud of yourself!

FourSistersInACottage said...

OH BECKY!!! I wanted that sign from the minute I saw it in your pictures...
Just ANOTHER thing we have in common...it truly is AWESOME!!
Hugs and Love, Amy (Mom to the Four Sisters)

Shelby said...

beautiful shot!

Marilyn in NM said...

Love the sign! I've been collecting more signs lately and think they're just "fun"!
I also love the valance!