Monday, July 23, 2007

Getting the hang of it.....




With the new day and three very strong cups of coffee down, I did it! The blog is up and running now with some music, a photo album of pictures and a list of some of the blogs that I visit. Trust me there are more and I will be soon be adding them to my lists.

A little about me...

My name is Becky and I am 46 years old, married to my hub for nearly 25 years and have two wonderful sons, 23 and 19. We have two sweet pets, a Scottish Terrier and a Calico cat. I was born and raised in California and currently reside in the Central Valley.

The vision I have for my blog is to share with you decorating ideas, junking experiences, recipes and great places to shop to find that little (or big) treasure for you home. My goal is to create a fun place for you to stop by for visits and to share with me your experiences or comments.

Our home is filled with little tid bits of things that speak to me. As with most people, our home has evolved over the years from being Cutsie Country, to Americana, to now a more eclectic mix of English, Vintage, Cottage, Beach and Kitsch decor. The look that I love, love, love is a room filled with white slip-covered furniture, shabby white painted furniture, crystal chandeliers, old etched mirrors...a real peaceful and subdued room that you can just relax and let the worries of your day slip away. More cottage dreaming....ahhhhhh!

We recently changed the colors of our bedroom from greens and golds to taupe, creamy whites, white and black toile. Here is a photo of our bed with some of the new/old linens and pillows. I made some of the pillows and bought some from a sweet eBay seller, Amy Kozma. Amy's eBay name is Vintage-Home, not to be confused with the blog Vintage Home.

7 comments:

Amy said...

HI Becky - your blog is *lovely*! I can't wait to read about your vintage adventures in California!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Thank you Amy! Just keep checking back for a lookie see! Take care! Becky

Cherry Hill Cottage~ said...

I'm so excited your here!! Becky...we're going to have FUN!

LBP said...

You have a beautiful blog! Sounds like you're my kinda gal!

Your bedroom is gorgeous.

Linda

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Linda and Tina, thank you! Your comments are appreciated! Becky

blessings said...

You're right up my vintage alley! I'll add you to my list of favorites. Please stop by sometime. Blessings... -Polly

Betty said...

Welcome to blog World! Sweet Amy at Four sisters in a Cottage sent me over here. I love your blog and am looking forward to reading more from you!