Sunday, February 26, 2012

Planning A Laundry Room Makeover

Though I posted this a few posts back, I am linking today (2-28-12) to The Cowgirl Up! party.


So make like a cowgirl and get on yer horse and mosey over to Linsey's blog, Farmhouse Porch, to see what all of the other girls are sharing today.


One of the big projects that we are going to do this year is to makeover our laundry room. Cabinets will be removed, floor to ceiling beaded board added, open shelving and decorative/functional adornments placed on shelves. Then there is lighting and what to do with the sink. I would love to find a free standing stainless steel sink on a stand but haven’t started looking for one yet. Here are some inspiration photos, from Pinterest (of course) for the shelving and accessories.



I am not sure it I want wood brackets or metal. Decisions, decisions.


laundry 5 (pinterest: houzz.com)


laundry 2 (pinterest: countryliving.com)



The dark brackets look nice, but then I like the tone-on-tone of the simple white ones below. They look seamless with the beaded board background.


laundry 10(pinterest: thesomedayblog.com)



laundry 11(pinterest: sampler.com)



And then there are the wonderful laundry room accessories to think about, like what kind of containers to use to hold laundry necessities, such as the soap, bleach, etc.



I like the frame below with fun things clothes pinned to the wire. I will be doing something like this year for Christmas, only with little stockings.




laundry 3
(pinterest.missgracieshouse.blogspot.com)
I have a vintage laundry basket already, so that is one item down.



laundry 4(pinterest: potterybarn)
The laundry room below is so spacious and I like how she has the long folding area to the right of the sink. The zinc boxes below the counter are functional and look great. My room is long and narrow, with a closet and then the cabinets. I would love to turn the closet into a sewing cubby, but we will see. Have to convince my husband about that one as he likes all of the storage the closet provides (for junk – ha).



laundry 8 (pinterest: poppytalk.blogspot.com)





sink



This free standing sink…




lighting
…and industrial barn light are options that I like. Now I just need to find places with good prices.



I am so excited about getting this going, but in time. Good things are worth the wait.



Back to sewing!



Toodles.



26 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

All of your ideas are wonderful! I can't wait to see you put it all together...
Hugs,
Penny

Perfectly Printed said...

What a fun project! I have always wanted a laundry room, but as you said good things are worth the wait!!
Can't wait to see the finished project!

chris

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Love you ideas. Now get started.

Vee said...

I'll be watching your progress and wishing. I am in the dungeon and oh what a nasty place it is. All of your inspiration photos are great, but I know that your actual room will be the very best of all. What man wouldn't want his wife and all of her stuff out of sight in the laundry room? Ha!

Mecky said...

I wasn't done before I clicked to close.

Have fun designing your new room! The beadboard from ceiling to floor will be perfect. I can't wait to see pictures!

Molly the Airedale said...

How exciting for you! I love re-doing rooms too. All of the work is so worth it!

Debby said...

I love that frame with the clothes. I have my grandfathers nightgown. Wouldn't that look cute with some little shoes or something. Just figured it up and it's 110 years old. Whoa.
I'd love to have a sweet laundry room but think mine was an after thought.
It will be fun to see what you do.

Donna said...

What great ideas and pretty pictures. I love them all. I need to do my laundry room, too. Good luck.
D

becky up the hill said...

Yay, for a laundry room make-over. Love your ideas. I like the white brackets, tone on tone look too.

Anonymous said...

Oh, good luck! The planning is such fun and frustrating too! What ever you come up with will be wonderful! It always is!
Hope the little fuzzy faces are doing well, you too! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Meadowsweet Cottage said...

That skirted table might be just the answer I needed to finish off our laundry room. Now to work out the details!

PamKittyMorning said...

OMG I love your laundry room, and that whole little area back by the powder room. Please don't part with your treasures before letting me know, you know how I love some of those laundry room pieces. I have a couple of photos and I gaze upon them often. xo

Elsie said...

Oops I have to wipe the drool off the screen, now oh Becky I love all of the pictures you have picked out. That sink would be so handy and looked really nice too.
I can't wait to see your end results.

Two French Bulldogs said...

Very nice
Benny & Lily

Stephanie said...

It sounds just wonderful! Great ideas for a fresh look.

Blondie's Journal said...

This is so exciting, Becky! You have so many great inspiration photos! I am so looking forward to seeing what you do and how it turns out! :)

XO,
Jane

Buttercup said...

What great ideas! I like the white on white the best, though all of them look terrific. I'm hoping to do something with my bathroom and will save that one to consider.

Karen Mae said...

So many great ideas - good luck with the decision making! I love the vintage laundry basket!
K

Pondside said...

So many great ideas! We have a fairly large laundry room and I often think that I could do something better with it than I have. I'll be watching your room with interest.

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Becky,
Oh yes, they are all wonderful ideas..I love planning and dreaming of a new place to create within our home and I know you do too!
I can't wait to see what your dream laundry room looks like.
Sew.. I have been working on Scrub hats, well I'm in the design faze that is, they will be for my daughter Desire'. I love the sweet pillow! just my colors, I want to see everything you are making :)
Really big hugs, Elizabeth

Kathleen Grace said...

Did you ever think you could love redoing the laundry room? I think we all grew up with utilitarian laundry rooms that just were not pretty. Having a sunny, bright, pretty room for laundry would certainly improve my attitude about that chore. I love all your inspiration photos. How fun!

THE FARMHOUSE PORCH said...

I think I have every one of those pics pinned too! Can't wait to see what you do!
I hope you'll come link this up at my linky party tonight. Link up once, appear on 4 blogs!

♥Linsey

Anonymous said...

Model: 1C18-ND-M

Item #:984232

Sams Club-- Sort of like the stainless sink in your picture. Jodi

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

thank you, jodi!!!!!

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

Love the ideas you have! And I just read about your sweet son, and I'm trying not to cry. Thanks for linking to cowgirl up.

Carol said...

Those are some really beautiful pictures and a wonderful inspiration board. Would love for you to come over and check out my new laundry room - it might give you some ideas too!
Hugs-
Carol