Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Hunting For Fun Stuff At My Fav Place

 P1010078 Being in the business to find stuff for resale takes you to some pretty interesting places.  One of my very favorite places to scout for cool stuff is at the Alameda Point Flea Market, located in Alameda, California.   The flea market is quite large with over 800 vendors set up to sell all kinds of cool things.  (And you won’t find tube socks there either).  If you go, be sure to wear comfortable shoes and always check the forecast before leaving home. 

Two of my favorite vendors there are Daniela and Eric, a super nice husband and wife team who own Euro-Linens.  (I was in the middle with them while this photo was taken, however I looked wicked terrible …so I simply cut my mug from the group photo-op).  :0 

daniella

eric 

Euro-Linens is a destination spot for so many shoppers.  They’ve been mentioned in Romantic Prairie Style book and sell at the Rose Bowl flea market as well (they will be there February 12th). 

Here a few shots of their wonderful items they have to offer. 

French Mill sack pillows and grain-sack pillows……

P1010082P1010076 P1010077 …. piles of European grain sacks….

P1010079

…and pillows made with ticking and images from vintage cloth books.

P1010080 How cute is this?

P1010083

P1010081 Their space is always full of women looking for that just perfect find.  I found some wonderful towels, grain sacks and linens this time around.

P1010084 Daniela adds up my total for the day.  I even treated myself to a grain sack pillow – red striped, of course.

P1010085

There are so many vendors and it is nearly impossible to see each one in a day.  This day I only spent a few hours walking around and found some other small vintage things to bring home.  This booth (below) offers European linens, too. 

P1010091 Cool grain sack covered stool, basket and pillow.

P1010092

I’m kicking myself for not getting the HP pillow.  Though these are not my initials, it could stand for Happy Place, right?

P1010093 This guy was trying to get me to buy the little aqua child’s chair.  But instead, I found a cool wood tote, kind of like the one below the chair, which for some reason I totally was not paying one bit of attention to.  Funny how you notice things when going back through photos.

There are a lot of decorating and styling ideas that can be noted from the dealers.  Take for instance the white enameled tub being used for succulents.

P1010094

P1010097

This particular day there were tons of old bottles, metal baskets, cool architectural pieces to use as planters…and these totally adorable children’s cowboy boots.  Wish I would have snagged those!  I can think of a few of my Texan blog friends who would have liked these.

P1010099P1010098

P1010102

Lots of Pyrex, tablecloths and vintage feed sack fabrics.  The prices at the flea are more like retail prices – but there are bargains out there – you just have to look for them.

P1010103   P1010105

Now this view of the San Francisco skyline is a million dollar view!  Yes, the City By The Bay is just right over the water from the flea market.  To the very far right you can make out the Gold Gate Bridge in the distance.  See it?

If you have the chance to make it to the flea market, it is on the first Sunday of each month.  For more information, click HERE.

24 comments:

Splashes of Pink and Mint said...

Owww... would love to go hunting there!!! Love the linens, that cushion with HP on it is just gorgeous, well maybe it will still be there next time????
Hugs, Elly

Jaclyn said...

I love the Alameda Flea Market...it's my favorite!!!

Vee said...

The French textiles look is so hot now. They even had some of it...very pricey...at the store I visited today. I found it rather amusing since the store is well known for being outdoorsy and rustic.

Jen said...

Thanks for the link.... I think..... Like I needed one more obsession! That may have to happen this summer!

Brenda Pruitt said...

Wow, wish we had a place like that to shop and browse.
Brenda

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Maybe one day I'll be fortunate enough to go to this fabulous flea market. Wow. I love those gorgeous linens.

hugs
Sissie

Barefoot in Blue Jeans said...

Wow, looks like fun. Wish I lived closer.

Deserae said...

I wish I lived close so I could go!!! Looks like my kinda place....
~Des

Kathleen Grace said...

This looks heavenly! The sunshine looks so warm too, it looks like a really great way to spend a few hours!

Jocelyn said...

This looks like so much fun!! I love hunting for treasures :-)

Jocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Mecky said...

It looks like a great place to go. I found some fabric in your picture that I would like to have! It is beside the bowl marked 12.00 or so. Isn't it great?
You know that bowl would probably go for 6 or 8 dollars here. maybe not even that much.
It looks like you had a great time.

Blondie's Journal said...

It looks like SO much fun, Becky! I love looking at pillows and linens! I so wish I lived closer. Love that view of SF!

XO,
Jane

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I wish I was able to go to that flea market. We don't have nice outside ones here. Love those grainsacks and pillows. So funny that the couples" names are the same as my son in law and daughter in law, Daniela and Eric.

Elsie said...

Becky ya got me drooling....oooo how I want to be there. I want one or two or three of those vintage linens. I would love to have one of those grain sacks too. You did a great job taking you out of the picture, I just thought you were skinny in that picture. LOL. That couple has a wonderful booth. Your pictures are beautiful of the Golden Gate bridge. Thanks so much for bringing me to flea market and giving me junk fever. :)

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Wow! How great to see the San Francisco sky line. I loved living there so long ago. The city by the bay was so exciting..and I will never forget the time I spent there. Pat and I went back once before he died.

My daughter now lives in Santa Cruz and I would love to get up there to see her. I would love to visit the city with her and just take time to remember one last time.

I do love flea markets but find that garage sales are better for me, especially if I go every single week..that's when things turn up. Those textiles look wonderful but I know I would get in trouble there FAST! :)

It's been so long since I have been to see you, Becky..and it's nice to be back. I am off to wander a bit and see what I have missed.
Many hugs to you, sweet friend!
Mona

Pondside said...

Oh my goodness. There is nothing, and I mean nothing anywhere near here that is even remotely like that wonderful place. One hour - just one hour there (okay, maybe two.....)

wendy said...

I would loose my mind at something like this. LOVE IT !!!!
It would take me hours to look through things, but as you said, probably not even possible in one day.
There is just NOTHING even remotely similar in the area where I live.
It is hard for me to even find a good antique shop.
Love the photo of the city.

camp and cottage living said...

Becky
I can't even imagine having such a great place to shop. It must be so
much fun.
I like that wire thing-a-ma-jiggy with the plant in it.

jan said...

Looks fantastic, I would love to mooch around there, all gorgeous things. Jan x

Sunnybec said...

One of your pictures caught my attention...De lasvergnas Grains St Junien. I live in France near a small town called St Junien. I did a little bit of research, I am not sure it is the same place but, there is a Hall in St Junien called Halle aux Grains (which translates to Corn Exchange) and here is a link

http://chabatzdentrar.blog4ever.com/blog/lire-article-63466-1350370-4eme_forum_genealogique_en_haute_vienne.html

if you look further down at the list of families you will see a Joseph Lasvergnas....... coincidence do you think? or could it be the same one. Hugs Linda

junquegypsy said...

I looooove this flea market. So much fun. We walked the whole thing - thought my legs would fall off after a 2 hour ride home! And you are right about the view - AMAZING. Glad you had fun.

Perfectly Printed said...

I am pretty sure Eric and Daniela own a shop in La Selva Beach, near Watsonville. Their shop is darling if you ever have a chance to go. A really sweet couple.
Alamada is a great flea market!! I am so happy someone else feels the prices are like retail, but the selection of vintage items is amazing! And the view.. And the people watching! And the hunting!
I am assuming you live fairly close to Alameda, I'd love to schedule a flea market date with you sometime!!

chris

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info on this flea market. We don't live too far away and I have to go! I saw a brown splatter bowl in one of your photos that I would love to have.
Janice

Unknown said...

Phoenix doesn't have any amazing Flea Markets like this. :( Thanks for sharing yours! :)

~Liz