Sunday, October 9, 2011

Home Grown

P1010098


Living in California certainly has its perks, especially since we live so close to some of the very best wineries in the world. Not only is Gallo Winery from our area, there are an abundant amount of wineries speckled all around the beautiful Sonoma Valley.


P1010026 These photos are from a trip that we took several years ago, but I like to revisit them as the colors of the scenery and the memories of that day are wonderful.


P1010031


Located outside of Healdsburg, California is a neat little general store that is owned and operated by the Gallo family. There you can find wonderful wines and cheeses and even a deli counter that can whip up a delicious sandwich to either take out or dine on the casual patio out front.


P1010090



P1010093


P1010105


The store has a farmhouse feel to it…


P1010095 …and there are plenty of food items to tempt you, like this Snuggle Up Chocolate Mix – a much needed item for our cooler evenings.


P1010106


Chocolate and red wine are GOOD for you, too! Pezzi King winery has a wonderful red wine called Riley’s Red. Riley, a handsome Wheaten Scottie, is the mascot of the winery.


cropped bottle


P1010039


Not only are the wines outstanding, the views from the winery are gorgeous.


P1010054P1010036


P1010070 Bottoms up!

22 comments:

Kris said...

Are you up in the Santa Maria area? Very pretty shots!!

Salmagundi said...

Thanks for sharing - we've never been to the wine country of Calif., but plan a trip in 2012. Sally

Claudia said...

That snuggle up chocolate sure looks tasty! The scenery is beautiful.

xo
Claudia

Sunny Simple Life said...

This is such a beautiful post and you do indeed live in such a lovely area of the state.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Beautiful vistas! It looks like your dog was the model for the wine label.

Debby said...

Such great fall pictures.

Twinkle Terrior said...

Love the post - great blog (and pup too) :)

TheCrankyCrow said...

Beautiful photos....and some of my favorite things in life...wine and cheese!! ;o) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

camp and cottage living said...

I know I'll never make it there, so I really appreciate the photos you're sharing! Such a beautiful area.

Julie Harward said...

Love that dog, and all the Fall loveliness! ;D

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Great pictures!! Virginia has many wineries, and there are festivals at many of them right now--Its fun to visit and just spend the day!!

Pondside said...

Wine and chocolate - very good for you! You're so lucky to live withing driving distance of such a beautiful part of the country.

Vee said...

Very nice trip to wine country...I'd drink wine if it liked me. I have nothing against it. Beautiful views!

Changes in the wind said...

Great place to run around in.....

Elsie said...

Wow, beautiful Becky. You better leave Missy Fiona at home, she might want to flirt with Riley.
That chocolate really looks good.
Thanks for sharing.

Linda said...

Wonderful pictures! I love going up to Northern California to visit...it is so pretty in that area!! My BIL lives up in wine country!

Lululiz said...

Gorgeous photographs! The area looks beautiful.

Unknown said...

Becky, I have often wondered if you knew some of the folks that I know from Gallo. They are one of my long time customers and I've been there a couple of times for business. They are so nice! :) It is such a pretty place. :)

~Liz

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Yes, living in California does have its perks! I have got to get out there again. Beautiful pictures and happy memories.

GranthamLynn said...

Some perks! Thanks for the tour!

Susie Q said...

I love this area so much and would love to get back someday. Till then I can revel in your photos!

I am such a bad friend and real life has interrupted my blogger routine for a year now. But I do get around when I can and I so love catching up with you!

Love,
Sue

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

I so love seeing your beautiful wine country photos! We were there in Healdsburg years ago, and would love to come back someday. The shop photos are so inspiring too, thank you Becky!! It's fun to catch up with you!
xo, Andrea