Monday, October 31, 2011

A Fresh New Look

P1010020 A fresh new life was given to some very dark, old and worn furniture pieces – some rather homely little pieces to say the very least.



I used Annie Sloan’s Chalk Paint in the color Duck Egg to paint this small 1942 spindle legged solid wood table. Added some AS dark stain here and there and finished it with a clear paste wax. The little stool was given a new look, too. From drab to really pretty fab and cute!



P1010014 This $3.00 child’s rocking chair had seen better days. Though I do like the look of old worn wood, I felt that if a child were to occupy the chair, it would be much softer (and fresher) to paint it so that it could be used again without the worries of obtaining an annoying splinter. Again, I used AS Chalk Paint, but this time in Old White. A few coats later, some sanding along the edges for that good worn look…



P1010019 …and here it is all bright and clean!



P1010027 One of my mother’s antique dolls looks pretty cute in the rocker…



P1010032



P1010030 …and even this pretty pillow that my friend JUDY CLARK gifted me after my mother’s passing. Judy is such a sweetheart and even sent the scotties Halloween scarves to wear today! **Thank you, once again, Judy for your sweet and precious heart! The dogs have their scarves on right now!**



P1010035



P1010036 This $3.00 wood jewelry box got a paint job with the Duck Egg…





P1010006 …and here are all three pieces for sale in my space at the antique store.



P1010124 Joining in again with Susan at Between Naps On The Porch for Metamorphosis Monday – her 145th MM post! Stop on over to visit Susan and see the amazing transformations done by other bloggers!



Happy Halloween and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my friend, Elsie!!!

22 comments:

Elaine said...

This is my first visit to your blog. I am a military mom and I would like to thank your son, through you, for his years of service.

I love the way you breathe new life into these tired treasures. "A fresh new look" is right!

Tricia said...

Your pieces look lovely! Everywhere I turn, I'm hearing about this great Annie Sloan paint, stain, and wax. It's making me seriously consider some furniture painting! Thank you for sharing all of your hard work and inspiration!

Teresa@magazineyourhome said...

The pieces look so lovely and definitely fresher. I have yet to try the ASCP, need to take out a loan on the house first lol. But seriously I need to get some as I have so many pieces that could stand some lightening up.

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Great transformations of these darlin little pieces. I'm sure they will sell fast.

hugs
sissie

Julie Harward said...

Love what you did to the furniture, sweet! Love that little pillow pocket too. Have a fun Halloween! :D

camp and cottage living said...

What a difference paint can make!

Miss Jean said...

Janice and I are going to the shop tomorrow. If the little stool is still there, it may have to come home with me. Maggie needs a vintage stool so she can jump up on the guest bed and do her "watch Scottie" job.

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

oh your creations are so wonderful! i am going to try a few projects with the Annie Sloan paint -- if they turn out any where near yours i will be thrilled.

please know that Jordan remains in this families thoughts and prayers. Bless you.

Vee said...

They turned out so nicely, Becky. I've got to find some of that stuff. The pillow that Judy gave you is so very special. And the good thing about pillow gifts is that you can pick them up and hug them tight. Hugs to you...

Kathleen Grace said...

I can't believe how pretty the duck egg blue is on these pieces! I especially love the little jewelry chest, so adorable together with the other pieces:>)

TheCrankyCrow said...

Amazing redo's....oh how you're tempting me to try my hand at some myself....Luckily for the world, ASCP isn't available in these parts and I haven't taken the time to track it down online.... ;o) Wishing you a hauntingly wonderful spook night....Smiles & Halloween Hugs ~ Robin

Blondie's Journal said...

You did a wonderful job on these pieces, Becky!! I have never used the Annie Sloan paint but I see such good things done with it. The rocking chair brings back memories, I had one just like it when I was little! This one is loving it's TLC!!

XO,
Janie

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I love all the pieces, but the photo of your mother's doll in the rocking chair is the sweetest!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

They all look great!!

Mimi Sue said...

It's amazing what a new coat of paint can do! Love that color. Mimi

"Create Beauty" said...

Hi Becky,
That paint is addicting isn't it?!? I painted til the can was dry.

Pretty blue color! Did you use the ASCP wax or did you use regular paste wax? I used paste wax but am wondering what that brand is like.

Your pieces turned out beautiful!
~ Violet

Elsie said...

Thank you ever so much Becky, I have officially entered into the "Senior Citizen 62 Club" UGH!
I love your little table and your child's rocker with the baby doll it is WOW!!! I still have my little rocker from when I was a little girl and I think I will follow suit and paint mine. Mine was red when I first got it for Christmas. I love that AS chalk
paint, I have got to paint something. You have motivated me away from quilting for a while. Thanks I need a break.

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Everything looks exquisite...your work is so wonderful! I hope your shop is doing well :)

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

Oh, your painting talents...so envious! I am not at all good with a paintbrush and I would love to be able to come to your booth and browse, you have such a way with displays, lucky the antique mall that has you for a vendor!
XOXO
Joni

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

These are great! I love how they turned out. Where did you get our chalk paint? I think someone sells it in Clovis so it might be available locally. Your booth looks great! I would love to come see it one day.

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hello sweet friend! Love Love LOve how these tables came out. Just beautiful. Oh, please post a picture of your sweet scotties in their Halloween scarves! Love the chair too.

Hugs,
Debbie

Kris said...

I see many, many things I would love to have, and a few I already do!
: ) Kris