Saturday, October 11, 2014

A View Of The Shop!

I love going into a store that has wonderful displays and inspiration for decorating, especially the mixing of old with new.  It is a real treat to visit such stores and to take in the artistry used to make displays unique and interesting.  Not every store is like that – and that is ok – but I love going to those that are.  I could spend hours just studying vignettes and merchandising techniques.

The other day I toted my handy camera along and took some photos of the antique mall that I sell at.  So let me start with my friend Cheryl’s space.  Cheryl has been in this business for many years and has such a keen eye for decorating and finding beautiful items to sell.  She plans for months in advance how her space is going to look and collects items to use for her “themed” décor.  The next eight photos are just a few corners of her space.  She is my “neighbor” at the store and it is so nice to have a neighbor with a beautiful space!

IMG_0867
IMG_0868
Above, Cheryl added an architectural salvage piece to the top of her cabinet and nesting on a ledge is a faux owl.  Below is an old glass incubator that she added a doll head to.  Kind of creepy, but hey, it IS Halloween time.
IMG_0863
If creepy isn’t your thing, then perhaps this sparkling chandelier suits your fancy….
IMG_0869
…or this pretty French chair.
IMG_0865
IMG_0992
Isn’t she intense?  If looks could petrify….She looks like the Ice Queen of Narnia.
IMG_0990
These antique pharmacy bottles are super cool…and I bought a few for moi.  Smile
IMG_0986
IMG_0987

My other “neighbor” at the store is my friend Barbara.  Not only does Barbara have a terrific eye for finding cool old stuff, she is also an artist and makes beautiful hand stamped/hand colored cards.  These are just a sampling of her Fall and Halloween cards.  They are really magnificent!  See the wreath below?  She cut each leaf out, painted it and then glued them one by one on the wreath.  The pumpkin below is also painted with water colors.
IMG_0976
IMG_0983
IMG_0982

IMG_0980

In between Cheryl and Barbara is my corner.  Here is the Farmer’s Market sign that I made.  It looks at home with the flea market basket, jelly jar cabinet and old trug.
IMG_0952
IMG_0956
Majolica looking corn plates in fall colors rest in old bread bowls.
IMG_0971
This little guy is trying to make a break from his basket!  I don’t blame him, the weather is perfect outside here in California.
IMG_0961
Have a great weekend everyone!

...and cheering for our SF Giants!!!

25 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

I love a shop that pays attention to the displays...sometimes we aren't sure how to use an item and then we see it and are inspired (maybe to even buy the surrounding pieces!!). Tell your friend she has a great space! :)

Jane xx

"Create Beauty" said...

Your space looks so inviting and full of treasures! And to be flanked on either side with lovely booths, how nice! And you know, I found the perfect tables for the Ice Queens palace.....

I finally got out my Fall decor and have white fabric pumpkins on a fur (rug) runner on the dining room table.

It's so hard for me to let go of summer ... so I've added some white Fall touches to my beach decor, waiting for Christmas to decorate to the heights.

~ Violet

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

So many great things in all the booth displays!! Enjoyed a little tour! The squirrel at the end is so cute!! :) Have a great weekend! xo Holly

Sarah said...

I can get lost in shops that are full of unique details such as this. Your friend did an incredible job with her space. I'd love to shop there.

Two French Bulldogs said...

Love the shop. Not sure about the head in the glass, BOL Snorts,
Lily & Edward

Elsie said...

Becky that looks like a wonderful place to shop. Your right ,she knows how to place her awesome finds. I would love to shop there, if only I were closer.

Stacey said...

I agree with Jane! Displays are important and very helpful to me. Once I actually purchased all the items in a little display and reproduced it at home. :)

Brenda Pruitt said...

I love visiting stores like this during seasonal decorating time.
Brenda

Kathleen Grace said...

This is such an adorable looking antique store. I see so many things I love. Your booth looks fabulous, I want that sign! I have no idea where I would put it, but I love it :>)

Cooking classes Houston said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
FoxandFinch said...

Fabulous shops! It makes me want to own everything there so that I could enjoy it all every single day. I particularly like the owl with nest on the ledge.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

You're so lucky to have booth neighbors who really compliment your style. Love it all! Which mall is this, I can't tell for sure?

Unknown said...

Thank you Becky for featuring my cards. I really enjoy creating them. Soon to finish fall, then on to some really jolly Christmas cards. You and Cheryl both really did an outstanding job in your fall spaces. I always look forward to the seasons changing so I can see what the two of you tickle our senses with!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I love ALL of it and I love places like that. That is one thing we are not short of down here. I used to want a space like that..but never got around to doing it. You must have fun!!! Enjoy!
love,
Mona

Old Time Cindy said...

My grandmother had a pair of squirrels just like the one in your basket. Very nice displays...yours and your friends'.
Farmhouse hugs,
Cindy

Unknown said...

Your photos were wonderful eye candy...what beautiful booths these ladies have, especially your neighbor, Cheryl. If I were closer, I'd be buying it all!
Cheryl (another Cheryl!)

GranthamLynn said...

I love your shop tours. I'd love to take photo's at my favorite shop. Thanks for sharing!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Everything is displayed to perfection, Becky, but I think your market sign is the star of the show! So many wonderful treasures in the shop! I'd be in debt if I had a booth in the shop because I'd be coming home with a new old treasure (or six) every day!

Enjoy your fall weather!
Vickie

Donna, The Decorated House said...

Hi Becky,
It looks like you have a great place to sell, and to buy! I don't find this type of venue often anymore, but the last one to open is quite large, planned out extremely well and has done exceptionally well.
I hope your shop is very successful!

Simply Shelley said...

Looks like a great shop to browse around for a long time :) Hope your Autumn has been awesome thus far....bless you Becky

Kit said...

All the booths look wonderful! Definitly a place I would love to shop in. :) Kit

Jaybird said...

That was a fun tour of your shop!!
Does your neighbor with the chandelier ship????
Thank you so much for sharing all of your lovely goods.
Blessings,
J

Kath Soderstrom said...

Hi Becky, Just a note to say "Hi!"
Closed my little mouse hole at "Remember When"
in April. I went to France in May and had a wonderful time. Stayed a couple days in UK and crossed the channel via Eurostar, and experienced Paris(my dream) for a week and then visited my friend in her restored country home (she lives in a hamlet) a trip of a life time, I thought. You never know where yours travels will take you...planning my next trip next year..road trip antique hunting in France. I am thankful they drive on the same side of the road as we do...now, how to read a French road map? They do have GPS which makes it a little bit easier. Hope to see you sometime, are you still in the same location? Best wishes to you and your family! Kath

Linda said...

How lovely!

Eve said...

Beautiful post, chock full of inspiration. I am now on the lookout for those small chemistry beakers in the creepy display.