Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Signs and A Prayer

signs 2


Hello to y’all who have taken a moment to stop by here at SCD’s.  It has nearly been a whole month since the last post here.  My-oh-my how time has been swept right under the rug!  With the holiday season on our heals, I’ve been knee deep in holiday fluff for the past month and now can sit back a wee bit and take a deep breath.  After four weeks and three massages, my little spaces at the antique stores are done being decorated and stocked with new inventory and little bit by little bit it has all come together.  I will be sure to share some photos of the stores here in the next week.


I have been having fun making signs to sell and have shared some of them with you before, as shown in the next three pics.


IMG_0894

IMG_0887_1
IMG_0967_1


The newest signs are the Farmhouse Christmas sign that I made on an oval piece of salvaged wood and the simple Christmas sign that was made using an old cabinet door. 


For the sign below, I simply painted the door with white chalk paint, roughed up the edges and stenciled Christmas on the front panel.  My friend Becky sells the metal snowflakes and I bought a few to glue onto the sign for added interest and texture. 


signs 3
IMG_1089

I have never kept any of my signs for myself, HOWEVER….

I took a liking to the Farmhouse Christmas sign and it looks at home on the shelf in the laundry room.  The horse door stop is a recent purchase from my friend, Jeanette.  I love the way he looks with the black on cream crocks.

FHC 1

My friend, Lynn, had the bottle brush trees for sale in her wonderful space at the store.  I have been wanting some to put inside containers and these fit perfectly with the little ones on my shelf.

FHC 2

My Farmhouse Christmas vignette is coming along … maybe I’ll add a few more tid bits…or maybe not.  Or maybe…or maybe not.  We’ll see what my mood leans more toward this year.  I’m beginning to lean on the less is more band wagon.

FHC 5

IMG_1100
IMG_1099


I am also asking for prayers for my sweet friend, Judy Clark over at 20NorthOra blog.  As some of you may already know, Judy’s husband John lost his battle with cancer.  Judy pulls her strength from God and her faith and knows that John is now in the arms of Jesus and no longer suffering in his earthly body.  Prayers for peace and strength for Judy and her family…..thank you.



xxoo



10 comments:

20 North Ora said...

Thanks sweet friend!

Judy

Brenda Pruitt said...

First, we've missed you! Second, your vignettes are always the cutest around. I'd keep that sign myself if I were you. And third, I've got my eye on Judy. After my second ankle surgery, which sadly happened the same morning John passed, I'll keep an eye on her. John was a dear, special man. And he loved her very much.
Brenda

Brenda Pruitt said...

First, we've missed you! Second, your vignettes are always the cutest around. I'd keep that sign myself if I were you. And third, I've got my eye on Judy. After my second ankle surgery, which sadly happened the same morning John passed, I'll keep an eye on her. John was a dear, special man. And he loved her very much.
Brenda

Anonymous said...

This is going to be my all time favorite Christmas display this year, I know it already. Each piece and the display are just what I would buy. All together, there is just something magical to it. Very, very nice.
-Ginene

a Pocket Angel said...

Just stopped by to say hello.. its been a while.. Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving! Mary

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Your signs are going to sell quickly, so you better get those paint brushes out again, Becky! The sign you kept is perfect for your shelf with all your farmhouse elements. And the milk truck with the little dog sitting inside...Sweet!!

I follow Judy's blog and I know what they've gone through with her husband's illness. My thoughts are with her during this difficult time.
Vickie

Simply Shelley said...

Those are some neat signs you've made Becky, but what really caught my eye was that little milk truck with the puppy in it.....so nostalgic. Saying a prayer for your friend. Have a blessed Thanksgiving Day my friend.

Kathleen Grace said...

Oh no! I hadn't seen that John had passed, I will certainly pray for the family.
Your signs are gorgeous , I'm sure they will sell like hotcakes. Love the tableau in the laundry room too!

sunnyskiesandsweettea said...

I love your signs! And the bottle brush trees are so cute!

Blessings,
Amy Jo

Kris said...

Oh my gosh, I did not know that Judy's husband passed away. I am so sorry to hear this.
Love your signs, and that milk truck! SWOON!!
XO Kris