Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A Unique Boutique Visit

P1010027s




A new day, a new outing with Sadie Mae, Toto and Rufus! This outing we are going to one of my go-to destinations for gifts and fun stuff to decorate with. This is my friend Lisa’s shop and it is certainly a Unique Boutique – filled with vintage and handmade finds. It is one of those places that you will go back to again, and again! Inside Unique Boutique is a cute section, Poochie Couture, that caters to the needs of our best friends, our dogs! Poochie Couture features limited-edition, custom designed dresses for your dog, doggie strollers, special doggie treats, designer dog carriers and much more. Rufus and Toto were having a ball there!!




P1010011z Lets stroll now and see what Lisa and her over 40 vendors have today. LOVING the stack of vintage suitcases, so much in fact that the top one came home with me.




P1010015y




Unique Boutique carries Annie Sloan chalk paint! Grabbed a few cans of that to work on a few pieces at home.




P1010021t Handmade jewelry made from vintage bits and bobs – love the display! And the two doggins’ found some dog jewelry to try on. Don’t they look cute!?




P1010062m Delicious handmade Biscotti from Pleitez Lavender – and they are fabulous!!




P1010050uEven the dogs found the doggie snacks! P1010061nP1010036u Wonderful pillows for your home…




P1010041s …and handmade boxes made by Bohemian Mojo, a local artist who has a degree in art and interior design.




P1010063l




Time to round up the gang and go pay for our finds. Sadie waits at the check-out counter….




P1010007a1
…along with wonderful soldered charms made by our friend, Kim.





Thanks to Lisa for allowing me to take photos of her beautiful boutique!!!! If you are ever in Modesto, California stop on by for a visit. Here is the information:





Unique Boutique





180 Leveland Lane (off of McHenry Avenue)
Modesto, CA 95350
Shop hours: Monday-Saturday
10 AM -6 PM
(209) 523-3000





New items being added daily, too!

11 comments:

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

What a gorgeous little shop. I've only just discovered the delicious joys of biscotti!

Blondie's Journal said...

You always seem to find the best shops!! Lucky girl! Love the pillows and can't wait to see what you do with the ASCP!

XO,
Janie

Linda said...

Looks like a great shop to visit...I'll look for it next time I'm up that way!!

Cindy said...

Becky the picture of the Toto and Rufus all dolled up is precious. There are no words to say thank you !!!!!!

Would so love to shop there...I see a trip way down the road in my future...girl we would have so much fun!

Hugs Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

Kathleen Grace said...

Such a darling place, it has been ages since I went to an antique mall or anything as full of goodies as this. I need to find something close and look at the inspiration:>)

Kris said...

Oh I can't wait to try some of that paint!!!!!

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Oh what a wonderful place to shop Becky! I am going to have to get me some of Annie Sloan chalk paint! We have a little shop that carries it here! Have a wonderful evening.

Hugs,
Maryjane

Sinta Renee said...

Looks like a one stop shop for Christmas for all of your female family and friends! I have been wanting that Ann Sloan paint! I want to play with it too! I was thinking it might be a great little side business too:)

Elsie said...

Becky I love that shop, all kinds of interesting things in there. Tell Toto I love the pearls, very classy.
I can't wait to see what you do with your suitcase and paint.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Wish I were on your gift list! ;o) Seriously fun stuff - love the suitcases too - and those wonderful little Halloween boxes! So glad Toto and Rufus got to see some eye candy to their liking as well - and looks like Sadie fit right in! Have a wonderful day! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Pondside said...

If only - I'd love to visit this shop!