Monday, April 27, 2015

Having Fun With Farmhouse Style Finds



One thing that I like about my job as an antique dealer is finding cool stuff that I can incorporate into my home.  It is so much fun!  Over the past few months, I have collected a few farmhouse style things that I have added to the recent remodel in our guest bedroom.  

The cowboy hat was a few dollars at a farm sale...



...and these child size cowboy boots were seven dollars at a little junk shop.  My friend had the stool for sale in her space at the shop - and it is chippy black paint (love.....) - and it goes nicely with the other things in the room.  I actually use it as a side table next to the bed, but thought it would make a nice photo prop.  :)




The primitive stave bucket (below) was six dollars at a cool garage sale.  LOVE the worn wood patina and the warmth of the metal strapping that holds the wood slats together. 


I cut some flowers from the yard and added them to a vintage mason jar...a one dollar garage sale find.



Not everything comes with a "few dollars" price tag.  The two chairs below were a full price splurge, but I HAD to have them.  The child's chair was made at the turn of the century and came from a local estate.  The larger chair is by far one of my favorite finds.  It has a nice driftwood color, old nails and the neatest details - of which I will have to share another time as it is all covered up right now.




Another fun thing to collect are old books.  This one is from the early 1900's.  I love books that have black covers and spines with gold writing and details.  Ohhh...the details of long ago.  




And they make for a good read!

Till next time.....

peace.

PS:  Thank you for the sweet comments left on my previous post.  ((hugs, hugs, hugs))





24 comments:

Brenda Pruitt said...

You have the prettiest things you've collected! I'm pinning!
Brenda

Susie said...

Your guest room is adorable. I love the little boots. They could be used , with a glass inside, as a vase. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

NanaDiana said...

GREAT treasures, Becky. My favorite is the little cowboy boots! xo Diana

Rue said...

I love all the additions to the guest room, Becky :)

I have a thing for old housekeeping books. Well, old books in general, but especially those and cookbooks.

Sometimes I wish I could shop your house... okay all the time ;)

love,
rue

20 North Ora said...

Beautiful and amusing guest room! Love all the things you collect and put together.

Judy

Elsie said...

Beautiful Becky! It's perfect! You have a good eye for putting things together. My son had some cowboy boots when he was 2 yr. old, you picked him up and the boots stayed on the floor, LOL. His foot was so narrow he couldn't keep them on.

Danice G said...

All very nice items. The guest room looks super :)

KathyB. said...

Old books and cowboy boots , love 'em !

Your guest room looks so cozy and inviting.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a lovely guest room!

FlowerLady

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Some great finds. I liked all of the things you found. The book. I do the same thing..buy old books. I actually found a red velvet one not too long ago. I love the way you always pull things together in your rooms.

vivian said...

great guest room! country charm at its best!
have a great day
xoxo
vivian

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Your guest room looks so cozy and comfortable. I love the contrast between your dark accessories and the light walls. Every detail is perfect. I need to shop where you shop!

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Your guest room looks so adorable and welcoming for sweet guests! Love all the very sweet touches you have around the room! So cute!! Happy new week! xo Holly

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Just plain adorable.

bj said...

How cute this room is...love those little boots..:)

Kim said...

Beautiful touches to your guest room, Becky!

Anonymous said...

Oh my Texas heart! I know Daisy and I have to come and visit now. I love your Cowboy/girl themed room! I love the bedding too. A great combo with the theme! I love my visits even if they are only virtual. (smile)
xxoo My Journey and Daisy
p.s. Daisy says tell the kids hi.

My Journey Back said...

Oh my Texas heart! I know Daisy and I have to come and visit now. I love your Cowboy/girl themed room! I love the bedding too. A great combo with the theme! I love my visits even if they are only virtual. (smile)
xxoo My Journey and Daisy
p.s. Daisy says tell the kids hi.

Diane Mars said...

It looks wonderful any guest would enjoy a stay in that bedroom~ You are really talented at what you do!

Jaybird said...

Lovely room.....your guests will be so lucky!!
I too love black books with gold print spines. When I see one in a sale, it just sorta' follows me home :^) They make the best risers in various displays.
Be blessed,
J

2 Dogs said...

Love your guest room! Your guest will love it. :)

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Just found your blog via Nana Diana's when I decided to blog hop. Love the colors in your room, which go well with all the farmhouse stuff.

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes said...

I love everything in this room! It would certainly make any guest feel special. It must be so much fun to be an antiques dealer - I'd probably go broke, because I'd want to keep everything!

Denise said...

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Just coming by to say hey!!!! I have made the decision to come back to the blog and of course I wanted to come by here real quick.. How are you ??? It has been so long and life changes so fast.. Praying you are in good health and still going strong.....