Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Morning Seaside Stroll ~ Come Along.....

This past weekend we celebrated our 26th anniversary and spent a few quiet days at the coast, which is our favorite getaway destination. I so enjoy the sea and always feel rejuvinated after breathing in deep gulps of fresh sea air and taking in the sites and sounds.

It is early morning and we are going for a walk, so come along if you'd like. This is a bit of a jaunt, so grab a cup of coffee and stay for a few minutes.

As always, my faithful companion, Duhgall, is ready to go!
A little peak over the wall of a beach home.
A fabulous Craftsman style home - my hubby loves this house.
A group of smiling faces at the beach ... oh, oh...where is her body? :)

Sweet times...
..and a darling girl begging me to see the jelly fish that she discovered...
....eww...how on earth did she manage to find this? There were jelly fish all over the beach that had washed up in the tide...
..guess I should watch my step!
Lots of kelp littered the pretty white sandy beach..
..but did not stop the group of surfer "dudes" and "dudettes"
who managed a willful pose and smile for my camera.
Then there was this group of guys cruisin' the beach ~ maybe looking for a bikini clad beauty, ya think?
Then there is my Doogs...
..sniffin' everything in site...
...yup, everything! Dogs........................!
Running with the big dogs...
..and walking with his Paw.
We walked to the charming Point Pinos Lighthouse.....

...to take in this misty morning view.
Oh, oh.....
...and more oh, oh!
My loyal driver will now drive us to Pacific Grove to mosey around and look at some charming beach homes.
But first we must pull over so I can snap this picture of the pink house that I know some of my "pink" friends will appreciate.




You just never know what colors you will find on the charming seaside homes.

Let's take a stroll through the Historic District of Pacific Grove.


Many of the Historic District homes have placards with the original owner's name and the date that the home was built. Cool, huh?
I just love this old Victorian Row House. The colors are fabulous as are the details of the woodwork. Looks like it could be in New Orleans.
Lots of picket fences here....
...and there....
...and there.
This sweet old Victorian is for sale! Just a dream as my pockets are not deep enough to ever afford such a home. How much you say? Try 2 million! Umph hmmmm.



Very colorful and charming little home that I would bet an artist lives in.






I love the details in this gorgeous carved front door.



A little known fact about Pacific Grove.
A sweet and colorful place with the sweetest lacey valances.

I am always inspired when looking at homes and gardens. It seems that so many of these homes had lacey window treatments or cafe curtains. Hmmm...I think that my windows could use a little change!
Love the Victorian details such as this charming cutout in the eaves. I see a crab, don't you?
Sweet little porch.....
...and ric rac trim. Did you see the ghost in the window?
Thank you, dear friends, for taking a few minutes of your day to visit. I so love having you stop by and appreciate your friendship and sweet comments! Thank you, too, for sharing your favorite books in the last post. It is really so enjoyable to learn about what other kindred spirits love.

Happy day to all of you!

34 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!
May you celebrate MANY more!
I loved the stroll and neighborhood tour too!
So fun, and the ocean is just BEAUTIFUL!

Love ya!!!
Kim

Skoots1moM said...

gosh, what a beautiful place...would have loved to be on the beach today!

Sinta Renee said...

Happy anniversary to you (and your honey)! Thanks for the stroll. I was there a couple of weeks ago... I needed another "fix". I have been wanting to make up a photo calendar of PG pics for my sister (who has a 2nd home there)humm, these would work great... (I know, I need to get my own)! LOL

Sinta Renee said...

Happy anniversary to you & your honey! I was in PG a couple of weeks ago & going through withdrawls... so thanks for the "stroll".

Jean said...

Happy anniversary. What a great celebration getaway. Your photos are always so good and so enjoyable to see. Thanks for sharing your trip.
Maggie Mae said to tell your faithful companion hello for her, and that she wished she was running on the beach with him.
Have a wonderful evening.
Jean in Virginia

Pink Slippers said...

Love the stroll, love the homes but, OH NO THERE's A DOG DRIVING.
TOO CUTE
Wendy

becky up the hill said...

That was a nice visit to the sea Becky. Happy anniversary! I love the way Monterey Bay smells. It's one of the things I miss most. These Great Lakes I'm visiting are lovely and all..I mean there is water everywhere here, even some fell from the sky today! Nothing tho, smells like Monterey. Glad Doogs was able to get in some 'aroma therapy too'..lol!

Vintage Linen Treasures said...

I get to homesick when I see your pictures of the beach. Love all the pictures of the kids and surfers! And of course of Doogs and his new friend. Such a nice outting.
Patricia :o)

PamKittyMorning said...

I love PG.. we go there a lot since Frankie lives in that neck of the woods... looks like you had a nice time!

Simply Shelley said...

Thanks so much for sharing your tour of the beach side,Becky! The homes were so nice and your Duhgall is to cute.Happy belated anniversary. My husband and I just had our 34th on the 16th. We didn't get to go anywhere,but the movie. We saw "Fire Proof". It was excellent!

Blessings,Shelley

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to you and your wonderful hubby....we celebrated our 25th this past March. Where does the time go. Thank you so much for the stroll, I loved it. Dugs....do you have your drivers permit?

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

Betty said...

Happy Anniversary Becky and Hubby! I recognize lots of those places. I haven't been to Pacific Grove in awhile but it is one of my favorite places!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

WOW I love all those houses. I've been by many of those and just dream about going inside. But he prices.......WHOA!!!!!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, Becky! You look way too young to have been married 2 years longer than me :o)

Your pics made me long for Monterey and Carmel ... I'd recognize those wind-blown cypress trees in any setting. Living in the central valley certainly makes a California girl yearn for the coast, and it's a place I can never get enough of. From here in Bakersfield, our quick getaway is Pismo Beach, just outside San Luis Obispo, but we make it to Monterey Bay at least once a year to visit the aquarium (I wrote a book for them a few years ago, to be given away free to the kids in the Splash! area).

Stop by and say hello when you get a chance ... there's an I {heart} your blog award waiting for you on my page.

hugs,

victoria

Laura said...

Outstanding pictures. I want to come back later and stroll through them again.

Eileen said...

Wow.. all those gorgeous houses. I like the red door the best. And all those picket fences.
Love Doogs. :-) Bet he needs a tub bath now!
Happy Anniversary!

Michele said...

Thanks for letting me come along on your stroll. What gorgeous pictures. Doogs looks like he had a great time smelling and visiting with his friends!

Hugz,
Michele

happygma said...

Thank you for the walk through PG! It is one of our very favorite places. That's where I would move if I got a bunch of money! Have you been to Cambria? Wonderful for the ocean and weather.

Brenda said...

Happy Anniversary!!!
What fun .The beach ,a walk and houses,three of my favorite things.
Brenda:)

Sue said...

Happy Anniversary!! I'm so envious of you at the beach. I live so far from water I hate it! I loved the picture of the pup behind the wheel of the car...He's such a cutie....Sue.

kate said...

what a beautiful pictural of your lovely town.....i love your blog,
please visit our new blog....thanks again, really enjoyed.
kate

search for Miss Potter

Esther Sunday said...

Happy anniversary to you, my friend! Also love to pear in, especially when you've got the ocean pics thang goin' on! Love ya, Esther

Susie Q said...

Happy Anniversary dear Becky!! May the two of you have many, many more happy years together!

I loved these pictures. We spent a day in this beautiful place when last in California. I loved it...

This is such a special place and I loved seeing all of the houses! Bit, as lovely as they all are, my favortie thing to see was your Doog's sweet face! : )

Love,
Sue

The Old Painted Cottage said...

Happy Anniversary to you both. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed the tour today!

oxox
Jennifer

Maria Catalina Wiley said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Becky!! My mum & I so enjoyed you showing us around your favourite holiday jaunt! Thank you for sharing this gorgeous place with us :D
((hugs))
Maria

Heidi said...

Happy 26th anniversary dear Becky! I love your handsome driver Doogs. He is just top dog! It looks like you had a wonderful time at the beach. I must say jelly fish would scare me away as I have been bitten by one when I was young. Not fun I can tell you. Now one question? Who on this earth can pay 2 million for that little Victorian house? :)

Hugs and kitty kisses ~
Heidi and Dagi

P.S. ~ It was about time my mommy made me a quilt. :) Dagi

GranthamLynn said...

Happy Anniversary! What a fun day you must have had. I really enjoyed seeing the house photo's.
And of course Doughall!
Many Blessings,
Sherry

Rhondi said...

Hi Becky
Happy Anniversary. Thanks for taking us along on your walk. I walked the beach from Asilomar almost as far as Pacific Grove when I was there in the spring. It is so beautiful. I love all the houses in Pacific Grove. You are lucky to be near enough to visit .
I'm having a giveaway. Hope you'll stop by.
Hugs, Rhondi

Sharon said...

Oh how I enjoyed the walk with you along the beach and down the streets where so many darling cottages were. A very Happy Anniversary to you both.

Tea Time With Melody said...

Happy Anniversary to you. I came by your blog via Nikki. My husband and I celebrate our 24th on Dec 1. Your pics are fabulous and it looks like you had a great time. The ocean is great and it's so peaceful, not to mention fun walking hand in hand.

Janet said...

Thanks for the wonderful tour Becky. I remember Lynnette Jennings showing us a beautiful yellow house in Pacific Grove on her show. I *do* remember the strangest things, but perhaps it is the 2 million dollar one.

Janet

"Create Beauty" said...

Your photos make me long for the beach! My favorite place to go in Summer and Fall... I like the one of your doggy driving, I've got some photos of my dog driving my car too : )

Rue said...

Happy (belated) Anniversary!!

I'm so thrilled you showed this! I just posted my house that I lived in there today and I was wishing I had more pictures of the area to remember it and here it is :)

I wish I would have lived there a while longer reading the price of that house! ;)

Off to read what else I've missed...
xo,
rue

Cindy said...

These photos are so pretty! Before I even read where you were, I knew it must be somewhere in N. California!