I bought this on eBay last year from a great seller (iwantroses). I had to have it because this looks just like my youngest son when he was an infant...right down to the golden curls atop his head.
Kate tagged me today to do the Meme thing and I am suppose to show a picture of myself and explain it. Well, y'all can see my mug shot on the side bar, but here is a picture that I haven't shared. It is when I was five and it was Christmas at my Nanny's house....1965 to be exact....yes, I am "vintage." I was opening up a gift from her...such a spoiled little kid I was! See the stroller? Yup, mine too. That is my Nanny sitting on the couch and watching me open my presents.
I know that we are suppose to forward tags and need to take the time to do so. BUT, I have been trying to get some much needed little things done here...like getting some things made for my Christmas giveaway. So, with that, I know you all understand that first things first.
Last week I was tagged by Jen, Nancy, Marilyn and Shelley to share seven things about me....hmmm...think, Becky, think....what won't make my visitors fall asleep at the helm? Ok, if y'all doze off I will understand.....
1. I am the oldest child and have two brothers. Of all of us kids, I am the second tallest. My oldest is six foot five and I am almost six feet tall. My little brother is five foot nine inches..he wishes he could be as tall as us big kids....ha. My ancestors are from England, Ireland, Scotland and we are also of American Indian ancestry. Somewhere back there is a Lord and also a Chief...some high ranking relatives!
2. In the late 80's my husband and I went to a Rolling Stone's concert. We were walking up to the stadium and I spotted Huey Lewis. No kidding. I asked for his autograph as we ended up walking side by side...with his HUGE body guard along his side. He patted me on the shoulder and said that it was not a good time. Half way through the concert my hub and I went to get a soda and nobody was in line except for a young man and Huey Lewis and his B.G. I told the young man, as he was sizing Mr. Lewis up, that that wasn't really Huey and it was some guy that looked like him. Huey turned around, looked at me and said, "I suppose you'd like that autograph now?" I melted and acted so stupid-like. Of course I did, but I had to run back and get my purse!!!! Do you know that he waited for me? YES! He did and I ended up kissing him on his left cheek. My honey was laughing at me! What a nice guy Huey Lewis was and he had even sent his body guard away. Really! If you ever get a chance to go to one of his concerts, he still sounds wonderful!!! The band is awesome!!!!
3. My dying wish is to meet Tom Selleck. I have been in love with that hunk-a-dunk since college. A friend of my middle brother's was a model and met him whilst on set for Shadow Riders. That lucky gal got to stay in his condo in Hawaii and even go to the set of Magnum. She spilled red wine on his suit and he laughed. Now that is a real man! I only wish that I had been the lucky gal to have had the chance to meet him!!!
4. People who interrupt when others are speaking drive me bonkers! One of my pet peeves is to be interrupted when I am in the middle of a sentence and talking. To me, the person who is interrupting basically is saying that what they have to say is more important than what you are saying. It is the epitome of rudeness.
5. When Princess Diana was alive, I use to be told that I look like her (that is when my hair had blonde highlights). Though I am her height and size, and am of English descent, I always giggled when told that because I just did not see it. Once my two boys (who so happen to be the same ages as William and Harry), husband and I were having dinner in a Chinese restaurant in town. We were minding our own business and enjoying our food when out of nowhere, our table was circled by the people working there. There were about six of them. Our waitress told me, "We want you to know that we think you look like Princess Diana." I almost choked on my Kung Pao chicken! Then they all started bowing to me which really made me uncomfortable. My husband looked at me like "what the -----!?" When we left I was escorted out by the same group. I was treated like royalty and did not know how to act!!!! And no, our dinner wasn't free....ha!
6. I have mild O.C.D. --- yes, I do! I have to make my beds and tidy up the house before I can sit down to do something creative. It drives me nuts, but this is just me. I blame my mother...she used to write "dust me" on my furniture and would redo my bed when I made it. If you couldn't bounce a quarter off of it, then it did not meet her expectations. She is more O.C.D. than I ever would care to be and never would I do that to my kids.
7. Barry Bonds took a minute of his time during pre-game batting practice to let me take a picture of him with my youngest son. We were all smiles over that one! Of course, we love him and the Giants. We also love the Boston Red Sox and are thrilled that they won the World Series. However, we are rather sad that they did not win last night's game at their home stadium. Congratulations RED SOX for a job well done! The Rockies were a great team, too, and had come so far this year.