Friday, September 28, 2007

For Amy - Our Hero


Joy came up with a great idea to make today "Amy's Day" and to do a posting in honor of our sweet Amy. I know that so many of you already know Amy, however if you don't you can read her story here. She shares the bare naked truth about what cancer is, what it does and how it touches the lives of those around you. Today is in honor of our courageous friend and to encourage her through her agonizing process of destroying her breast cancer. If anyone wishes to copy and paste the stamp I made up for Amy, feel free to do so!!

I first met Amy last year when I bought some fabrics and other wonderful decorative things from her on-line shop. Our friendship blossomed over the months and I feel like I have known her for so many years, though we have never met in person. Amy has the gift of "gab" and we can talk till our phone batteries give out.

Amy, just know that we love you, support you and encourage you to persevere through these so called speed bumps of life. You will WIN!! YOU ARE A WINNER!!!!!!!!! You get well so someday we can shop till we drop and talk until the cows come home! You go girl and you get those big va-va-voomers that you always wanted and the most sexy lingerie a girl can buy! I just love you so much! Give a big hug to your family!!! They are the best!

(((((HUGS)))))

Becky

PS: Mom, thank you for cleaning her house!! I know that she appreciates you so very much!!!!!!

PPS: The first two songs are for you!





17 comments:

blessings said...

Wind beneath my Wings - perfect! What a beautiful post. Thank you. Blessings... POlly

Little ol' Me said...

What a lovely post. Your friend sounds like an amazing person.

My MIL won the battle with cancer, as has a very sweet woman I know named Gayle.

Amy is an inspiration! I wish her a lifetime of good health, and the wealth of good friends and loving family.

Prayers are being said for Amy and her family!
Tiffany
scrapsadaisy.blogspot.com

Sophie Honeysuckle said...

That is a lovely post! Both you AND your friend sound like such lovely people! My prayers and thoughts are with Amy too.
Spider is sending you his love too!xx

Sweet Remembrance said...

Amy is truly my hero...
Priscilla

Betty said...

Amy is my hero too! Wonderful post, Becky!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Becky, for sharing this story. I had not met Amy so I went right over to give her a note.

Such a sweet person, touching story and sobering reminder of all that truly matters in life.

xo,
Melissa

Nunnie's Attic said...

Love it!!

Love,
Julie

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

What a great tribute to wonderful Amy!
:)

Rebecca E. Parsons/Cre8Tiva said...

beautiful words...prayers for amy on the way...have a good weekend...blessings, rebecca

Michelle said...

Thank you for sharing this story.

Feenwerkstatt said...

The best wishes from Germany too! This is a very emational posting. And but for all this terrible ailment...Amy has luck for having such a great friend like you!
Blessings, Anja

Linda said...

Hi Becky, this is a wonderful tribute to a very courageous lady. After reading your post I went and read her story. She will be in my thoughts and prayers. Prayers do work, I know......I won my battle and she will too.

Thank you for the vist and the nice words of welcome, hope you visit often. Hugs to you...Linda

Dena said...

Hi Becky,

Thank you for sharing Amy's story. I hadn't made my usual rounds today so I was a bit off in my timing, but I'm adding a second post in support of her right this minute.

Hugs,
Dena

Michelle said...

Thanks for the funny comment about the banana bread. This is my husband's recipe and what made me fall in love with him - a man who can bake!

Have a great evening,

Michelle

Shelby said...

so glad you shared this.. sending hugs to all..

FourSistersInACottage said...

WHEW!!! The tears are streaming....
TEARS OF JOY....
Becky, I don't even know where to start...Your friendship has meant the world to me, and the fact that I can pick up the phone anytime, even weeks since we last talked and chat away like it was just a few hours ago....I LOVE YOU GIRLFRIEND...and YES, The BIG VA-VA- BOOBS I am getting for all of us flat chested gals out there. I figured the first 41 years of being negative in that department, I want the last 40 to be BIG AND BEAUTIFUL!!!
LOVE YOU TO PIECES, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for all you do....Love, Amy (Still Mom to the Four Sisters and Bonus Mom to Nick and Alex)
PS....THE SONGS ARE AWESOME!!!

BittersweetPunkin said...

A wonderful wonderful post.
Blessings,
Robin