Friday, November 27, 2015

I am not counting....





nope, not counting the days left before Christmas.  75 days till Christmas would sound just about dandy.  Or how about 125 days till Christmas?  But who's counting, are you?  We turned the corner on the "month away" mark.   I am done decorating and only have a few things left to add, like fresh greenery.   I am going to participate in a Christmas Open House Tour in a few weeks and will post more about that here soon.  This should be a lot of fun!

I have read all of the comments left on my last post and they really touched my heart.  A few friends, not bloggers, even shared with me their thoughts about me keeping the blog going.  I just want to thank everyone for each word and heartfelt kindness.  In all honesty, I'll try my best to post now and then.  This morning I revisited some of my posts on Christmas decorating.  I came across this photo of my youngest son who was Santa Claus one year at a shop that I had a space at.  He is holding Duhgall and our our late Scottie, Fiona.  They were quite spirited sitting on Santa Spencer's lap!   

What's on your wish list this year?

Till next time....






16 comments:

Katie Mansfield said...

What a sweet picture. I'd love for you to keep your blog going.
Christmas will be here before we know it.

GranthamLynn said...

Oh what a lovely post and photo. Daisy sure misses Doughal. Glad you shared your Christmas photo. Have a wonderful Christmas.
Love you.

Blondie's Journal said...

So good to hear from you. I think it's awesome that you will be on the Christmas Home Tour, I've always loved seeing your pretty home! And this is a beautiful picture of your dogs...I know you miss Fiona.

Jane x

Rose L said...

I am not one of those one a day bloggers, and rarely even do once a week! But I blog when I want to share and that is my only criteria. When it starts feeling like a job and I feel stressed, I would not do it!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

That is a classic pic - so glad you have that!

Take care and hang in there.

I wished Christmas to hurry up and now I want it to go slow.
I am impossible to please, am I not?

Have a happy healthy holiday season!

Claudia said...

I'm late in commenting, but I'd surely miss your posts if you stopped blogging, Becky! My advice, for what it's worth, is to post when you want to. No pressure. We'll all be here for your whenever you want to drop in and say hello. You are one of the first bloggers I started following over seven years ago, and you are dear to my heart.

xo
Claudia

Unknown said...

Hi Becky,
Just popping into say hi! I hope you and your family had a great Thanksgiving! 🦃 I'll be going thru some of your old posts for Christmas inspiration... I hope you share this years Christmas decor. I'm struggling with the same blogging questions... I miss the old days! ☺️
Enjoy the season my friend!
~Liz

Gayla said...

That picture is just perfect... Your home like your heart is beautiful. And that reminiscence of the fun with those sweet dogs... it touches my heart. Have a sweet season.

camp and cottage living said...

Becky
I was surprised and sorry to hear that you've lost Fiona, I remember when she first came to live with you. What a cute photo of the three of them! Wonderful memories, I'm sure.

Elsie said...

Oh my gosh Becky I just pulled that card out today when I was decorating. I love the pic beside that one where Fiona is kissing Spencer on the nose, so cute.
I hope you keep blogging cause this old gal sure would miss you, Doogs and Miss Katie.
I got to meet Tina's daughter when I went to Canton last month. Oh my goodness she is Tina made over, LOL. She is very sweet just like her mom.

Elsie said...

Forgot to say, yes I put Spencer Santa card out every year! Thanks I love it!

Rue said...

I love that picture :)

I hope you have fun with the Christmas tour. Your home will be a big hit!

On my Christmas list... peace and love. That's it.

love to you,
rue

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I'm looking forward to your Christmas tour, Becky. Love the photo of your son dressed as Santa and the dogs telling him what they'd like for Christmas. :o)

handmade by amalia said...

LOL. Time waits for no Christmas decorator.
Amalia
xo

Curtains in My Tree said...


What an adorable picture

I am just today dragging out Christmas
and my back is killing me I have been up and down the steps 50 times?
Hope you have a good tour

cheers Janice

Kit said...

I just love your photo. I am glad you are having a good season. Good to see a post from you. :) Kit