Sunday, February 22, 2015

Cozy is that feeling...














Cozy is a feeling of warmth, comfort and contentment.  A bowl of soup on a cold day, a stack of pancakes for breakfast, a crackling fire in the fireplace to warm your cold feet or being snuggled up in bed with a good book and a favorite blanket.  It could be as simple as a bouquet of flowers that deliver a sweet perfume with every deep inhale.

Cozy is that feeling when something feels right and makes you want to linger and saturate the senses.  A scent or a flavor can conjure up that mood, or state of mind, that just makes you sigh and tell yourself that all is good.  A moment that your heart will remember.

Cozy is a favorite pillow, a bed layered with beautiful linens and squishy down pillows;  a stack of quilts that are worn to a buttery smoothness.  Candles burning, homemade cookies baking in the oven, a favorite pair of slippers and flannel pajamas.  Reading the morning newspaper while eating breakfast and drinking that first cup of steaming hot coffee.

Cozy is when your dogs are snuggled up on each side of you on the couch, asleep and having doggy dreams.

"As snug as a bug in a rug" is an old saying that originated somewhere in the late 1700's and basically is another way of describing a cozy feeling.  I remember tucking my boys into bed at night and saying that they are as snug as a bug in a rug and then saying a goodnight prayer with them.

Cozy is the feeling that when you walk into your home, you are happy and think "ahhh, home, sweet home".  Life is good.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have linked Parachute Home's website in my post.  They have beautiful linens and I am seriously thinking about treating us to their beautiful linen striped duvet cover.  We are redoing our bedroom and it would be beautiful with the nautical accents that we have there.  I love the story behind the company, too.  It goes to show that if you follow your heart, anything is possible.







22 comments:

Simply Shelley said...

Cosy is the word for every picture you shared ♡ Blessings friend

Diva Kreszl said...

Your beautiful pics and wonderful post are heart warming and definitely an apt description of cozy!

Stacey said...

You definitely exemplified cozy with your beautiful home pictures. Always love to see your cottage.

Imagery by Kimberly said...

I am going to stay here for a while and just soak up all of your beautiful coziness that you and your home exude. You are such a talent; such a love; and such a dear friend. I love you Becky!

20 North Ora said...

Cozy, warm and inviting - all definitely describe your beautiful home.

Judy

sunnyskiesandsweettea said...

Beautiful! I love the red bedroom. It is so cozy...

Blessings,
Amy Jo

Patti said...

Oh, what a sweet and uplifting post. Everything is so pretty. Your blog is just wonderful!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Fun post, Becky! You've definitely got a handle on cozy!

Kathleen Grace said...

Those feed sack quilts are so gorgeous! I want to eat everything in this post. every. thing. :>P
You captured cozy to a "T".

Patty Marker said...

Loved this peek into your home and cozy is the perfect way to describe it.

Debby said...

COZY Blanket, love your words about cozy. That doggy sampler is so cute and so true.

Recycled Rita said...

I love all your quilts and your cozy house, that red white and blue room is the best!
The only problem is that now I don't want to go to work, I want to cuddle up under a quilt, light a candle and snuggle with my pup! Lol!
Thanks for sharing your beautiful home! Hugs! karen...

NanaDiana said...

You must have dropped off my reading list. I need to reinstall you on my sidebar so I don't miss posts I hope you have a wonderful week.
I just LOVE your pictures here. xo Diana

Kelly said...

Those are all very "cozy" images! I think a lot of us are craving that with the cold weather outside.

Rue said...

Cozy.... I love the feeling and the word. What a beautiful post, Becky and I've always loved your home :)

I need that little picture about dogs bing on couches. Maybe I'll stitch one myself ;)

xoxo,
rue



Elsie said...

Great post Becky, you gave me warmth and hunger pains all in the same post. Those strawberries look so darn good so I'd say yep, Cosy it is. Beautiful pictures!

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky! Oh, what a lovely post and beautiful snaps. Love seeing your sweet bedrooms, especially the one with the red, white and those pretty blue pillows. And..those doggy heads. Nothing is sweeter. Thank you so much for popping in to see me and I've missed you.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Unknown said...

Cozy? Yes Please! :)
Love your home Becky. And you have such a way with a photo. Just love stopping by for a visit!
~Liz

Meadowsweet Cottage said...

Cozy is your cottage, Becky! Thanks for another lovely enjoyable post--filled with eye candy and inspiration.

p.s. My very favorite cozy in our neck of the Sierra are down comforters!

chateau chic said...

Love all of your descriptions of coziness with gorgeous and inspirational photos to accompany your words.
Mary Alice

Unknown said...

Cozy is this gorgeous post! I love everything, your dogs, your home, quilts, roses and delicious food. You have certainly painted the coziest corner of all.


Karen

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes said...

I'd say you nailed the definition of cozy, coupled with your beautiful pictures!