Sunday, December 7, 2014

Winter Whites


It is a quiet morning here and I am watching the sun come up and melt the blanket of fog that eerily looms over our part of the world.  Soon the birds will appear outside and pick and choose from the winter bounty available in our yard.  A fat Blue Jay is a new visitor and he seems to fancy the bird bath that is filled with fresh rain water.  My Scottie, Duhgall, is nestled up next to me and a steaming cup of Major Dickenson’s French Roast has been poured in my mega white coffee mug and waits for me to savor.  I love quiet mornings.  Hubby and I are catching up on a Madam Secretary show that we missed.  Soon I will be heading over to help a friend make her home beautiful with her Christmas collections.


The house feels cozy with the Christmas lights twinkling and a Christmas candle fills the air with a beautiful scent of orange and cloves.  Low lights shine in the dining room that plays host to the white Belsnickle Santas, vintage deer and some of my round faced old clocks. The painting behind the deer adds for a backdrop for the Winter land scene.  I like using paintings as a backdrop for a vignette.  An old loving cup, with beautiful details of flowers on the base, holds a small little Charlie Brown tree.  Toping the dining table is a carved Swan that is nesting in a stack of wood dough bowls.  The room feels very serene and it is one of my favorite rooms in our little home.


IMG_1318
IMG_1306
IMG_1307
IMG_1305
IMG_1323
IMG_1345
IMG_1336

I spied the first bird just now.  Looks like a few more are showing up now.  Time for breakfast!

Hope your day is beautiful and full of wonder!




21 comments:

Terra said...

I agree that this room has a serene feel. The swan is a beauty, the old appearing Santas, and all of your pieces.

Stacey said...

Beautiful! Enjoy your coffee and your day. I'm heading out to a historic home tour. :)

Anonymous said...

Love all of your vintage ornaments! I need to pop over and shop at your house! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Brenda Pruitt said...

I love that room! It just looks so cozy and loved.
Brenda

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

What a pretty post to read on an Advent Sunday. I had a morning similar before going to church and cleaning up breakfast dishes and doing tasks has kept me busy since.

Your Christmas Winter Whites look gorgeous = your vintage pieces in that awesome cabinet are preciously perfect.

It's a wonderful look! Love it!

Kathleen Grace said...

This room is so very serene Becky. Beautiful with the little Santas and old paintings :>)

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Sooo pretty! I love your old cupboard filled with your vintage treasures, Becky!

Simply Shelley said...

Very nice Becky, just lovely! Blessings

20 North Ora said...

What a beautiful room. So warm and cozy looking. A perfect place to be in the mornings.

Judy

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

So very pretty Becky! XOX

sunnyskiesandsweettea said...

Such a beautiful scene!

Blessings,
Amy Jo

marie said...

Calm and peaceful...and such a lovely room! I really love the mirror on the wall...that whole corner is beautiful!
Never thought to put my swan inside a bowl...I like that look a lot!!

I also like Madam Secretary a lot!! :)

Elsie said...

Beautiful Becky, just beautiful. The way you display it to the way you write about it, it's just beautiful. Can I come drink coffee too? 😃

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Elsie, just say when! I'll put on a pot! xxoo

Donna, The Decorated House said...

Oh, this just made me want to stop by and seep some coffee with you, too! Love that show, but I kept missing it watching PBS. Looking forward to the reruns. Who ever says that?
May your holidays be merry and bright!

Kit said...

Wonderful room! I love the calming look and natural feel to it. Just lovely. Kit

Jen Kershner said...

Your house looks lovely! I always think there is nothing like twinkling lights to cozy up a house!

Susie Q said...

It's all so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Becky, your home is as beautiful as I remember it.. I no longer blog but you were on my mind , I wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas.
Ginger from Enchanting Cottage

GranthamLynn said...

Beautiful whites! I stopped in to say Merry Christmas!
Hugs from My Journey.

2 Dogs said...

I love your home so much. It's beautiful!