Hello there bloggy friends! I am so very happy to share with you what I have been working on for the past few – more like six or more – months. You know how you get an idea imbedded into your noggin’ and it just kind of keeps reminding you that “hey – get off of yer bum and do something about it!” So, here it is….my first bag pattern! When I was a young chickadee – 19 or so – I had a darling ruffled shirt made out of t-shirt fabric. Cute thing, that little shirt. It was my favorite. I wanted to create a bag that would look similar to my vintage ruffled and flouncy top.
The tote bag is simply called SOPHIE’S BLOOMERS. The Bloomer bag is flirty and ruffly and very girly-girlish. When I was testing the pattern out, I made up quite a few to get it “just right”. The line up above is a sampling of those test bags.
I would also like to extend a big thank you and shout out for my TEST SEWER friends! A round of applause goes to SINTA, SHARON and JEAN! These women were very patient with me and offered me tremendous feedback for the pattern. Thank you so much!!
I am grateful for each and every person who has encouraged me to take this step. The process has been a lot of work, but enjoyable as well.
Remember my post about Elizabeth’s RED ROSE FARM fabric? It was secret squirrel stuff then – HOWEVER I can tell you all about it now. Elizabeth asked if I would like to make up two Bloomer bags in her new line of fabric. *insert a GASP here and please call someone who can perform CPR!!!* But wait, it gets even better…..AND she would take my bags with her to display in the PB Textile booth (the wonderful fabric company who has manufactured Red Rose Farm) at the HOUSTON QUILT MARKET!!!!
BE STILL MY HEART!!!
Below are the two bags that I made up using just a few of the delightful and GORGEOUS (say it again now…GGGGGORGEOUS) fabrics from the Red Rose Farm line. Elizabeth’s fabric is not only sweet-as-can-be but it is soft and just dreamy to sew on, too.
Just look at the pretty pink roses with pink polka dots in the background!
Below is the Bloomer bag made up of several coordinating fabrics. The bag can be made with two coordinating fabrics OR three OR four. Add a chunky ric rac along the top and a pretty rhinestone button for some girly bling.
I made the bag below in a sweet Lucien fabric with soft pink roses on a blue background. This one is for me…a girl has to have a few extra purses hanging around, dontchaknow! Right?
There are several reasons why I decided to share some goodies with y’all…..
1. The Giants WON THE WORLD SERIES!! - SO PROUD OF THEM! You guys totally rock! Seriously!
2. This month I turn 50. Yep, the BIG 5-0. This is my birthday gift to you.
3. And in memory of our Jordy boy’s 27th birthday. I know he is cheering me on in this endeavor. I can just feel his chin on my shoulder as he would so often do when he was watching me do something.
AND because I have three reasons to have a giveaway, there are three prizes.
Here is how this works…
1. The first winner will have the choice of either the teal or pink Sophie’s Bloomers bag (above and below). When you leave a comment, please indicate which one you would like to win.
2. The second winner will win the single ruffle burlap runner as shown below.
3. The third winner will win one of my Sophie's Bloomers Bag patterns.
If you would like to have several chances to win, please closely follow the directions below:
1. Leave a comment on this post if you would like to enter the giveaway.
2. For a second entry, leave another comment and let me know if you follow my blog.
3. If you are not a follower and would like to be, enter a separate comment to let me know if you are now a follower.
4. If you would like to share about the giveaway on your blog – via a post or a sidebar note – enter a separate comment that you have done so.
If you do not have a blog but would like to enter to win, please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to enter to win.
The patterns for the Sophie’s Bloomers Bag are for sale via my blog for now. If you would like to purchase a pattern, the cost is $10.00, which includes shipping to US residents. Simply drop me an email if you wish to purchase one. (email@example.com).
I will announce the winner of the giveaways on November 10th.
PS: The giveaway is for our International friends, too.
Take good care until then….