Yes, more summer blouses. Cool, crisp, colorful and one-of-a-kind. It has been so much fun making these blouses and more fun finding just the right fabrics to use. This can be a challenge as I love so many different fabrics! This blouse is made from my stash of fabrics that I just could not buy enough of. Plump pink and red cherries against an aqua blue. Many have asked what pattern I used for this blouse and THIS ONE…
…and here it is: Simplicity 2415. It really is “SO EASY”. The two adjustments that I made was to add extra length to the bottom (I am very tall) and added about 1/2” more just under the arm - at the top (arm-pit area).
Awhile back I made this blouse with a tossed cherry print.
I used the same vintage peasant top pattern for this blouse, however I extended the length of the sleeve and added in an empire elastic waist. The length is a little longer, too, to make it more of a tunic. It is fun to tweak a pattern – a bit frustrating at times, but a good challenge!
I am taking a bit of a break as I am working on a big project. A first for me….lots of thinking involved….planning….check and re-check…and involves plenty of coffee to induce good brain stimulation! I’ll share later!