Nothing beats comfort food.
I am in need of a warm blankie, some TheraFlu and watch the movie The Holiday for the third time...but will settle for a plate of Chicken Divan at this moment. It is warm and comforting to the soul.
Give it a try sometime.....
* 1 large bag of frozen broccoli, rinsed and drained well (or you can use 1 bunch of fresh that is cooked).
* 6-8 chicken breasts that are cooked and chopped into 1-inch cubes
* 2 cans cream of chicken soup
* 1 cup low fat mayonaisse
* 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
* 1/4 tsp curry powder (note: I use 1 tsp because I love curry)
* 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Butter a 13 - 8 - 2 inch baking dish. Arrange broccoli on bottom of dish. Layer the cooked and cubed chicken over the broccoli. Combine all of the other ingredients and pour over the chicken and broccoli.
Cook uncovered for 30 minutes - until bubbly around the edges.
Serve with rice, green salad and a good crusty baguette.