Friday, September 19, 2008

Peaceful

A Scottish Blessing


May the blessing of light be on you - Light without and light within. May the blessed sunlight shine on you like a great peat fire, so that stranger and friend may come and warm himself at it. And may light shine out of the two eyes of you, like a candle set in the window of a house, bidding the wanderer come in out of the storm.


May the blessing of the rain be on you, may it beat upon your Spirit and wash it fair and clean, And leave there a shining pool where the blue of Heaven shines, and sometimes a star.
May the blessing of the earth be on you, soft under your feet as you pass along the roads, soft under you as you lie out on it, tired at the end of day.......


I found this little blessing and thought I'd share it with you.

The photo was taken at my dear friend Wave's house. Her home is filled with amazing Scottish touches... Shhh...we have a secret. Her home will be shared with all in the winter time....

That is all I can say for now.

Blessings to all...

Becky

21 comments:

Skoots1moM said...

And may light shine out of the two eyes of you,
Like a candle set in the window of a house,
Bidding the wanderer come in out of the storm.

Oh, that we could each watch and listen for the other person's storms and respond with Jesus' love and compassion...may we all value each other as His special creations!

Lallee said...

What a sweet blessing, Becky. I read it and then had to read it again slowly. Thank you!

I forget that you play the bagpipes some. When will we see a video? And do you have your own kilt? Does Doogs?

Hope you have a fabulously blessed weekend.

Hugs,
Lallee

Kathleen Grace said...

What a beautiful blessing, I have never heard it before and found it so charming. If you are sharing this friends house it must be very special!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful!

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

It seems like there are a lot of troubles in blogland, so a blessing is so appropriate. We just need to remember...blessings.

Brenda said...

What a Beautful blessing,I can't wait to hear the secret.
Best Wishe
Brenda:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky,
Thanks for this post. My maiden name is Patterson (just a wee bit Scottish).....hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

Jean said...

What a wonderful blessing. It is so beautiful. Thank you Becky for that.
Jean in Virginia

Lisa Pogue said...

That was a really sweet blessing Becky. I love the picture of the bagpipes. Put a little holly with it and it would make a beautiful Christmas card.

Thimbleanna said...

How exciting! I love all things Scottish!

Unknown said...

Hi Becky! As you can see, I followed your link! Thanks for writing back- I'm settling in now for a nice visit!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Becky! I can't wait to see where your friends house shows up this Winter! Keep us posted.
Hugs~Kelly

farmerjulie said...

Hi Becky..beautiful blessing..just what I needed. thank you!

Rosemary said...

A lovely blessing Becky!
I hope you are having a good weekend.
How nice of you to donate a beautiful bag to the auction. So sorry about the trees too!
Just playing catch up with your blog.
Rosemary

Unknown said...

Oh,I love a wee little Secret lassie.... Sure you can tell me now?! : )

~Liz~

SweetAnnee said...

oh love the blessing and can't wait to see Wave's home
smiles to you
hugs to doog!!

your friend, Deena

Sinta Renee said...

Becky, That was a beautiful poem. I relaxed just by reading it. Happy 1st day of Autumn to you!

Michelle said...

Love the bagpipes and the blessing. Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to see more of her home.

Michelle
cozystyle.blogspot.com

Bella Della said...

Beautiful blessing. I love bagpipes. I can't wait to see what you have in store for us.

Feenwerkstatt said...

Thank you for these words, dear Becky...
Did I told you, that I love Scotland ;0)

My best wishes to you, Anja

Susie Q said...

Oooh...I am so bad at waiting to hear secrets! : )

Does Doogs have his own kilt to wear? I think he would look so very handsome in it!

I so love the music made by the bagpipes...

Love,
Sue